• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AV8 Problem (Post code 41)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzkrieg1110

Hey guys,

My friend today just purchased an X2 4200+ to replace his 3200+ Venice in his socket 939 system. The system worked fine but when he got into windows XP was not recognizing 2 cores. He attempted to update his bios using flashmenu (the abit bios flashing utility) and it errored out in the middle of updating. When he restarted his computer, he does not even reach the bios and he gets constant beeps along with the error post codes 0d and 41; both of which are not on any lists as far as Abit is concerned. He has tried clearing his CMOS on multiple occasions and also tried pulling the battery from the board to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Error 41 is floppy drive (wow, I actually knew that without looking it up :eek: ), and assuming it's an Award BIOS, 0D appears to be either 'detect CPU clock' or an error initializing the video adapter. Most likely, though, it's due to a bad flash rather than an actual error with the floppy, CPU or video card.

Check the manual, see if there's any sort of failsafe backup for the BIOS... a lot of boards have either a full backup BIOS or at least a boot option where you can reflash from a floppy. That board is kinda old, so it may or may not include such a feature, but it's worth a look.

Edit: Hm, found a copy of the manual, and it doesn't appear to have such a thing. I guess your other option is to pull the BIOS chip and hotflash it in another board.

Last edited:
Back