• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35-Pro Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice thread and info Evilsizer, seems I'm a little late to the party, but figured I would get subscribed and see what I can use for my IP35 Pro and Q6600 G0.

wow i wish i would have found this thread about 5 months ago. i see that the last post was December of 07.

i have had my IP35 pro @ 4ghz all most stable. well i was running it at 4ghz for 3 days and playing many games at the setting. but for me to get there i had to use very high cpu voltage to do so. like 1.62 v. but my ram @ 1:1.20 = 1060 / 445 x9

but if anyone that still has this mobo . the bios that my mobo came with was the #14
i now flash mine to the newest bios which is #17
but this bios has a bad flaw. if you use a key board that is a USB. it will not work during the boot up time frame. so if you wanted to get into bios. you would need a ps2 key board to get into bios.

but i found a short cut that works. i plug in a ps2 to usb adapter, but my usb key board is still plug into 1 of the usb ports on the back of the mobo. but there is a slight problem with this tip. is when it 1st starts booting up you must not hit any keys on the key board till you see the words on the bottom of your screen. that reads hit DELETE to get into bios. as soon as it has that there start hitting the delete key on your usb key board. then you will get into bios. with this #17 bios they have out. i hope they fix that so you would not need a adapter or a spare key board laying around plug in to get into bios when you want to.

stick with the bios you have, bios 14 is best for 65nm cpus. if your running 45nm then bios 16 or 17 beta are ones you prolly want to use. running over 1.55v on 65nm i wouldnt.. you either need better cooling to get temps down to lower the voltage or its time to switch to a 45nm cpu. as you can see by my sig i have a [email protected], yes im runing bios 16 atm.

stick with the bios you have, bios 14 is best for 65nm cpus. if your running 45nm then bios 16 or 17 beta are ones you prolly want to use. running over 1.55v on 65nm i wouldnt.. you either need better cooling to get temps down to lower the voltage or its time to switch to a 45nm cpu. as you can see by my sig i have a [email protected], yes im runing bios 16 atm.
oh well i have the new bios in for the last wk so far. and all seems good. but i see there wasn't anything new it as well, like new or better settings or choice. but i do have H2O on the cpu, but it is the stock set up that this case came with. sept for the cpu block, i got the Dangerden's TDX block for this cpu.

but my room temps are way to hot to run at that high of OC for my liking. my idle cpu temps @ 3.81ghz was 38c on both cores and my gpu temps was 53c

even at 3.6ghz my temps are not all that cooler. but i do have a way to monitor my north and south bridge temps. and man they were hitting 40c when i was running the 3.81ghz . but i never did try the #16 bios at all, since it looks like they skip over it and went into the #17 right off the bat.

but if i could keep my room temps around 64f it would help my temps alot more. but i can not afford the eletric bills to do so. dam COM ED !! northern Illinois here and that are company we get our eletric from and man they love to rob you while you watch and grin, since we have no choice in the matter .

they never skipped bios 16 to 17, it took them a while to get it out thats for sure. they did go 14 to 16 so right over 15, may have just been a bad build from the get go. 17 as far as i have been reading is still in beta stage.

well i took your advice and got the bios #14 and went to install it.. apon boot up i got this error stating that NTLDR is missing press CTRL+ALT+Delete

it keeps doing that to me. i flash it the same way i did to flash it to the #17 bios. there utility they have it does it from your desk top. 1st time used it, it work fine. now i get that error and i have now way of fixing but. to use a floppy disc. which right now is giving me a head ache!

i format the floppy as a bootable floppy for MS DOS. then it say to extract 2 files to the floppy. but the floppy says its full so i can copy the bin file over.. it says to remove file so it can. but i do not know what files from the floppy i can remove and still get it to work.

dam now i wish i would have left it alone now. since i am stuck and i have tried 3 floppys and get the same BS disc is full! im lost at this point. can you help me with this? which file i need to remove or blank out the floppy and just use the file from the bios zip file for the bios flash or what? help!!

lol never mind got it figured out. dam i forgot that i had my external hard drive hook up. and i forgot to set it to use my 1st SATA hard drive to read off of. lol dam n0ob error

Last edited:
use the alt-f2 method on boot up... do this first to find out the file name the bios flash will ask for. then simply take the rom file and burn it to a disc with that name. that's it! :)

though you are getting that message which means something is wrong with the harddrive... not the bios, so flashing back wont solve the problem.

yeah it end up being a bios setting after all. i forgot to check the hard drive priority sequence. lol i forgot that my external hard drive was still connected. it saw it as 1st hard drive. when i switch it back to the right drive all was good after all.

well it was a learning experience for me. but the file i got from abit was a zip file and there was 4 files it plus a readme text. and abit only showed a floppy way of doing it. which did not work any way. since every time and no matter what floppy i used it said there was not enough space to put the bin file on it.

Easiest way to flash with this mobo, USB. With that being said, bios 17 have a flaw in it where it would show crazy VID in CPU-Z. For my batch, my VID is 1.225 but CPU-Z shows 1.313 something and it was at stock setting.

Now then I am having troubles installing vista 64....tons....any tips?

Just getting wierd errors I have a thread on OS but this could be a IP35 pro specific issue....

Disconnect raid array and got the first error I got again..

windows could not set offline locale information Error Code: 0x80FE0000

Disconnect raid array and got the first error I got again..

windows could not set offline locale information Error Code: 0x80FE0000

thats something i have never come across, something may have gotten fubar'd after turning off raid.

thats something i have never come across, something may have gotten fubar'd after turning off raid.

I am not using raid discs..

brand wd hd that formatted fine in xp.

undid all formatting in VISTA to be safe several times....

scouring web this seemed to be an old issue..

ah for some reason i read that you were.... any change you got vista ichx/AHCI drivers to it to install on boot up?

ah for some reason i read that you were.... any change you got vista ichx/AHCI drivers to it to install on boot up?

I tried that and it then said no drive found? go figure..

I mean the drive lights up in conjuntion with the dvd drive, just wont finish..

I am wondering if I got a bad disc at this point.

Like I said I had the RC2 copy running on it just fine during beta.

thats whats killing me..

Yep it did.

Can you run the raid zero with another drive NOT in the array? what I mean is hooked up to the ICH9 in sata.

I was hoping to access my old winxp raid array from vista to move data over to the 640 for now....if it worked ok I was going to then wipe the xp array and install vista onto my raptors.

I orginally booted into XP and set up the drive to have two partitions, booted down disconnected raid and then booted to vista DVD with no luck on the 640AAK that I bought with vista.

NOW I have finally gotten it to install on an old IDE drive, verifiying at least nothing else is wrong other then some acpi or sata issue.

I was planning to leave everything hooked up and merely change boot order to boot XP or vista.

Perhaps that is where I went wrong...WTH.

I tried that and it then said no drive found? go figure..

I mean the drive lights up in conjuntion with the dvd drive, just wont finish..

I am wondering if I got a bad disc at this point.

Like I said I had the RC2 copy running on it just fine during beta.

thats whats killing me..
highly possible but could be something else really hard to tell without tring another drive.

Back