• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit kN9s board and new AM2+ Cpu`s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordamus

Registered
is there anyone tested/confirm new AM2+ cpu`s like AMD 7750 2.7ghz black edition can run on my Abit KN9s AM2 board ?

I know its not officialy supported but maybe some way to run it...

:welcome: to OCF!

Don't know about that one specifically but a lot of AM2 boards can run the Phenom I CPU's. Do you happen to know what chipset that board uses? If it's the 590 then it's unlikely (but possible - some 590's do). Other chipsets are more flexible. If it lists any of the Phenom I's as being supported then I'd say it will. I don't know of any board that will support a 9550 (for example) that won't support a 7750 ...

Its NFORCE 550 chipset.. Its not officially supported only X2 6400+ on the list..need to test ? I think there is no luck to run 7750 on this board sadly.. this AM2+ thing really kill all the am2 users...:mad:

Very doubtful a 550 chipset will support the 7750.

And just keep in mind - it's not AMD's fault, it's the motherboard manufacturer's. AFAIK the chipsets, if built to AMD spec, will support the AM2+ ... :-/

yeah..maybe if I can find one to test it no luck... I think AM2+ amd`s fault thats why we cant use phenom cpu`s on am2...and yes manufacturer like abit doesnt release any new bios for this cpu`s to people must buy new mainboards...totally $$$

Back