• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Abit NF-M2 6150] - Cannot get FSB above 205

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DieCommie

Hello,
This is my first foray into overclocking and I an not really getting anywhere...:bang head

The equipment:

MOBO: Abit NF-M2 w/ GeForce 6150
CPU: AMD 3800+ X2 (AM2, 89watt)
RAM: Patriot PC2-6400 800MHz, 2X1GB, 4-4-4-12, 2.2V
PSU: 450 Watt FSP

My problem is, as the title says, I just cant get my FSB above 205. At 205 it boots just fine with no adjustments to anything else. At 206 however, I get this in the POST screen
Warning! Now system is in safe mode
Please re-setting CPU Frequency in the CMOS setup
[sic].
It then allows me to boot at 200 (the default) or go into the BIOS.

I have tried (with the FSB at 206)-
- upping the CPU voltage to 1.375, 1.400, 1.425 and it still wont let me boot.
- Lowering the multiplier from 10x to 9x and below on to 5x
- Changing the RAM timings. The default my board gives is 5-5-5-16, 1.8V. I adjusted it to the RAM's specification of 4-4-4-12, 2.2V. Nothing. I also tried running the RAM at 667 and 533.
- I even tried replacing the button battery

What should I try next!?!

Note: I dont think this mobo has what I read is a 'memory divider'... Is a memory divider the same as lowering the memory to 667 etc?

Divider is the same as dropping the mem cloclk to 667.
Have you tried dropping the htt multipliers to 4x?

Thx for the reply.

I understand the RAM thing now and have it at 667. I also now have what you call the HTT multiplier at 3X, it didnt work well at 4X (my bios call it someting like K8 <-->NB).

I was confusing the CPU multiplier and HTT multiplier. I now realize they are two separate things and have adjusted them both.

So I am cooking along and testing for stability with a 280 fsb. Im am very pleased :beer:

Now I wonder if I should change the mobs ram timings from 5-5-5-16 to 4-4-4-12 that the package says. Also what is the difference between somthing known as 1t and 2t?

Thx!

Well you will probably have to raise voltage to hit the 4-4-4 timings that you ram is rated for at 800mhz, with the 667 divider, you are probably running around 900+ mhz at 10x280.

Also the 1T/2T setting is the command rate setting, 1T is faster, 2T is slower but allows you to overclock further.

Back