• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit nf7-s v2.0 help with updating bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go straight to the 1.2.

Let me add a littel more info to provide a little better perspective. Generally as a mobo manufacturer improves the bios for each board you would think/hope that the latest is the best. Not always the case unfortunately and from time to time, after a mobo has been out for awhile, you'll see folks saying some older bios versoin is the best for overclocking. I don't think the NF7-S rev2 has reached that stage yet because there are only a few versions of the bios available. But in the future if you see that type of discussion, you know what is happening. All that said, I say go straight to the 1.2 assuming that it is the best but not knowing for sure. Hope that makes sense and helps a little.

General rule of thumb (after you're up and running) is that if your mobo is behaving well and you don't have specific problems that the newer bios are suppose to fix, don't flash to the newer bios. Leave a good running mobo alone. :D

ok thats what i thought cause i've been seating here all day with regular bios and try to overclock and it blows barely stable and boots up

Back