• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abominable Chenming - [Watercooled Tower]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much of an update but I recived a few things from the captain this week!
A huge sheet of alum. for the front bezel cover and a gamecube LCD which I modified myself.

ac993.jpg

ac994.jpg

From the crappy picture you can see only half of the sheet! HALF! its HUGE! Oh, yea, and just a pic of my Opteron for those of you who want to see.

opty_1.jpg

No pic of stepping for I don't feel like crossin out the serial number. 148.

CACJE 0552FPFW

School has slowed down my progress. Im not doing so hot so I need to finish out the year strong, then I will be back to my three projects. That and paintball is just takin over my life. Thanks for keepin up with this.

Son1990 said:
Thanks for keepin up with this.

No, thank you, If I can figure out how to invert that case by watching this build it would save me some serious dough :beer: :thup:

Could possibly look into inverting other full tower cases :attn:

hmm... interestin

Did you flip the top an bottom pannels of the case so you wont have the holes in the new 'top' of the thing?

Otherwise looks good - nice paint job.

Paint job is still coming along, I continue to keep sanding then re-painting but Its not coming out the way I like. May just keep it sanded so i get a nice gun-metal look. Pics soon.

Son1990 said:
Paint job is still coming along, I continue to keep sanding then re-painting but Its not coming out the way I like. May just keep it sanded so i get a nice gun-metal look. Pics soon.
Well then give us some in-progress pics or something, the suspense is killing me!!!:p

Alright. Finnaly starting to get myself in order. I quit my job for I mad enough money to last me till school started. Iv been getting back into the computer scene alot ever since I had dove head first into my paintball career which is going very well.

I decided to take the case in steps. Starting with the lower/motherboard section of the case and worry about the exterior and other section's after I finish my progress with the mobo section.

I measured and cut the motherboard cover which will be completed sometime next week pending on when I get the Vynal stickers for it ;) Pictures for that will be up later tonight.

I also ordered a few new goodies from online vendors and when those come in I will share pic's. I down graded to a 148Opty and currently just using one 6800GT.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back