• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACC? OC boost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psycoshot

Registered
Hey,

So I was just wondering, how much performance boost can I expect to see with ACC.

Gigabyte UD4(P) and a Phenom II x3 710.

Or if I went with a 780G chipset board?

If you have ACC, you might be able to unlock the 4th core (stability isn't
guaranteed but it's worth a shot).

Yeah, thats another plus, I have the 0904 batch and those seem to be some of the most successful chips.

So apparently, ACC is built into Phenom IIs,

I declare this thread useless.

So apparently, ACC is built into Phenom IIs,

I declare this thread useless.

Huh? :(

Actually, it also requires the SB750 southbridge.

EC AOD-ACC is described as Embedded Controller for AMD OverDrive- Advanced Clock Calibration, which is the newest feature comes from AMD SB750 southbridge chip, destined for use AMD 790X chipset, is set to allow AMD Black Edition CPUs to be overclocked through AMD OverDrive™ utility further than was previously possible.

Phenom I's do get a small advantage from ACC on the SB750 but I'm not so sure the Phenom II's need it. There have been some excellent Phenom II OC's with the ASUS M3A32. IDK how the other SB600's have faired ...

i have herd its not needed for Phenom2's, i acually only read this a minute ago in the AMD processor section

i have herd its not needed for Phenom2's, i acually only read this a minute ago in the AMD processor section
I guess there's still a lot of debate on the subject. I just look at results. If the M3A32 (SB600) board can consistently deliver OC's as high as the "common" SB750 boards then, IMO, there isn't enough difference to be a difference, ya' know ...?

I just found this posted on another forum somewhere, related to the discussion
of the upcoming 880G and it's paring choice with the SB710 SB instead of SB750.

Phenom II doesn't benefit from the ACC fabric in SB750 / MCP79. The 'benefits' are built in. That aside, SB710 is the same SB700 with fixes to the internal clock generators that were discovered in batches of SB700.

I hope that's right, that would be one less detail to have to consider when
motherboard shopping. :)

Edit

Oh, and I stand corrected for what I posted earlier, which was wrong. Sorry.

My mobo does not have an ACC option for my 940BE. I also read it is an automatic thing on all P2's.

I have read that ACC is not needed with the Phenom II. My X3 720 seems to confirm this as I am getting about the same results with an Nvidia based motherboard as other s are getting with a SB 750 board.

I have found that my Phenom 2 X3 710 won't boot at clocks above 3600mhz with ACC enabled. I even had to reset the bios to restore operation. It didn't do anything at lower clocks either, but at least it didn't hang. This is with a Foxconn A79A-S @277mhz fsb and above.

Back