• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Access violation at address 00401783 in module VRMHelp.exe - ASUS AISuite II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabrefv

Registered
Mobo - Asus F1A55-M LX Plus
CPU - AMD A8-3870k
Graphics - PowerColor AX6570 1GBK3-H Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - dual graphics set up
RAM - Pareema 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MD316C81609L1 - 2 of these for a total of 8gb
Antec Gaming Series One Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
After market cooler - Cooler Master 212 EVO
USB 3.0 PCI card - SYBA USB 3.0 2-port PCI-e Controller Card, VLI VL80x Chipset, with On-board 20-pin HeModel SD-PEX20122

I have tried a lot of overclock options finally got to FSB = 108 and multiplier = 32 for 3.456MHZ.
Ran cinebench (both CPU and OpenGl) - no issues
Ram Prime95 for 2 hours - no issues (max CPU voltage 49%)
Ram memtest86 multiple times - no issues (overclocking FSB > 108 gives memory errors...i know I skimped on the RAM but i'm sure I think I'm stable with RAM at 108 FSB)
Ive run multiple SiSoft Sandra benchmarks - no issues

I go out and leave the PC idle for several hours and then when I come back it gives me that access violation above. I switch off the machine to restart but I just noticed that I need to up the screen resolution so I can get to the task bar so probably can just ok the message.

btw the mobo only had one fan header (3 pin) for the chassis fan so i got a y splitter cable and am powering the top and rear chassi fans from one header using this y splitter cable.

So I dont know if I have an issue because of overclocking or because of AI suite. i really want Ai suite as it gives me a lot of fan sppen and real CPU clock rate (CPU-Z clocks down because of cool and quiet)

Anybody seen this or suggest what this could paossibly be?

P.S. while writing this post my CPU is at 5 degrees C max 13 (Core Temp)

thanks

Have not seen that error in this forum section to date as I recollect. You might try this as it relates to AI Suite for sure. VRMHelp.exe is a part of an ASUS utility package called AISuite. It is used to overclock and monitor some functions on ASUS motherboards.

If you do not just have to use, it you can just uninstall it as it doesn't do anything important not done by something else as easily. If you are overclocking, you can try to uninstall it, reboot your machine, and reinstall (you can download the most recent version of AISuite from the ASUS website). If the problem still occurs, you may have developed a hardware problem with your overclocked system.

It might also be a good idea to run a session of Memtest86 on your machine just to check that you don't have a bad memory module.

Thanks. I have installed and einstalled before and I thought it went away. Then when I was at 110FSB and 33 multiplier it suddenly reapperared. I dropped back to 108FSB and 32 multiplier which I had tested stable and I thought I was ok. suddenly I took my son to an interview in the morning and i was gone about an hour and when I came back it happened again. so I unistalled it completely (at about 10am this morning). It's been good ever since. I have run memtest86 several times at both 110 x32 and 108 x 32 and no errors. So right now I have reinstalled AI suite 2 but only monitor, fanexpert, systeminfo, and usb 3 boost. I'll see how it goes with those installed and let you know. I'm chomping at the bit to clock up again with only those components of AI suite installed and see if it stable.

Well I am going to be as honest as I can be after a few years of watching posters come and go to this forum section. Over and over we strongly suggest to get the heck away from windows software that manipulates the board at the level of bios settings. There seem always an issue in the long run. That is as simple as it gets really.

By the way, I typed your complete access violation coding into g00gle and the one g00gle page that came up had only "2" hits for that violation and that was it. So there is n0t a lot of information at all across the internet about your error.

In general people help others on the forum by having had a problem and fixed it or by knowing someone who has had a problem and how they fixed it. There is not nearly enough information anywhere about your problem, so the fix will be to do away with the offending software or test at completely stock speeds to see if that application (AI Suite) can ever function without error on your system configuration. Those would be the standard prodecures for diagnosing with a hopeful move toward repair/no issues.

Thanks so much for your help and for trying to Google and get more info. i really apreciate it. I ended up finding some freeware software called OCCT and it gives me all the information i need (as well as some useful stress testing scripts) and my system is rock solid. I'm really quite impressed with OCCT. I unistalled the remaining components of AI SUITE since i have everything i need through OCCT, Core Temp and CPU-z.
I've done further overclocking and testing and I'm currently at 106 FSB and 33 multiplier (3498) and am stable. At 108 FSB and 32 multiplier (3456) I was stable also but couldnt get the multiplier any higher. I tweaked up Core voltage a touch and was able to get the multiplier up to 33 but cant get FSB above 106. So my choices are 108 x 32 or 106 x 33 and chose the latter. So i'm happy right now and haven't had the access violation any more. I've been on all day stressing this box (PRIME95, memtest86, cinebench, OCCT) and no reappearance of the issue.

Thanks very much for your advice.

i just spent 2 days with a crashed machine due to ai suite, please go into programs/x86 and remove all ai suite folders.
please also never click the green dot in overdrive and invoke the red ring, after doing that it acts like ai suite and will drive you nuts.
if you ever invoke the red ring in overdrive, remove the program and remove the folders in programs/x86, pray alot, reinstall overdrive, sacrifice 3 sheep and never click the green dot again.

I'm really sorry you went through this but after reading your post I'm super happy that I removed it and confrims my approach.

Back