• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACER Netbook RAM upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanibanez

Is it possible to upgrade RAM on a Netbook? Is all RAM for Netbooks the same? I found a 2GB stick for my wife's Netbook on Ebay for $55. She has only 1Gb right now. Would it be worth it?

sure they can be upgraded but if it doesn't have the door for the ram on the bottom you might have to pull the keyboard out to get to the slot.

Does it need it? My wife had a netbook running windows XP starter...defninitly did not need more RAM, it needed a dual core proc. I'd save the cash for a netbook overhaul or even a cheap 40GB SSD.

It's a dual core running Windows 7 starter. It seems to have slowed down some when ITunes was loaded. I do routine defrags and registry clean ups. So I'm thinking RAM would be the best choice.

Ok, so it's not a dual core netbook but a single core with hyperthreading enabled.
Should just be the one pnael on the bottom to remove to get to the RAM.

Yes, for sure, especially when dealing with an Atom. The only Atom dual cores are easy to spot, they have the "D" in their model number (they also have HT). The N are single core with hyperthreading.

keep in mind that most of those net books only support two gigs so dont buy a 4 gig dimm or anything without checking max supported ram

Back