• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Acrylic + Dry Eraser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bijiont

Sorry for the semi ambigous title however I couldn't really think of anything which would really explain what I am looking to do.

The question is does Acrylic allow for dry eraser markers to be used on it and if so does it leave any ill effects such as ghosting?

Also does anyone know where I can obtain some white "fine" point dry eraser markers if this is possible with the acrylic?

I have searched all over and can't seem to find anyone which carries just a white marker and if they do it's part of a neon set which doesn't look white but more of a yellowish.

The goal in the event someone has a better idea, I am a artist of sorts and want to draw on my MM acrylic panels. Now yes I know about etching however I want to be able to erase and draw new pictures when I get tired of looking at the same old thing (easy cheap way to change a cases look).

Ideas, suggestions they are all welcome. Just wanted to ask here before I ruin my nice MM acrylic panels :p

If you plan on putting lighting behind the acrylic panels then you wouldn't be able to use the grease pencils, but they are very good if not.. cousin of mine is into drawing and uses them a lot.

I didn't even think about grease pencils! Thank you very much.

I was thinking about using a 12" White LED strip in my MM case, would that still have ill effects on the grease pencils?

your welcome=)) and no the only effects of the grease pencils will be that they draw dark and the light is less likely to shine through it but would still illuminate around it=))

Ah, yeah actually that is what I am aiming for overall is an almost "outter glow" effect.

It's going to be just lineart no hard color or anything.

Thanks again, just ordered 3 white pencils to get my MM case closer the custom look I want without the semi permanent eching option.

have fun and upload a picture when its all done if you could i would be curious to see how it comes out=))

have fun and upload a picture when its all done if you could i would be curious to see how it comes out=))

I will have to PM you a link. . . the image I am doing is well within the "Ecchi" category if you know what I mean. . .

I should have it done in a few days when the pencils arrive (amazon is being slower than normal to deliver)

I will have to PM you a link. . . the image I am doing is well within the "Ecchi" category if you know what I mean. . .

I should have it done in a few days when the pencils arrive (amazon is being slower than normal to deliver)
haha sounds good cant wait to see it=))

I will PM you guys once done. I just go the pencils today from Amazon and will set aside time this weeked (Sunday) to do it.

Work has been keeping me very busy so I haven't been able to set aside time to do it.

I did some very small tests once I got the pencils on a spare thing of acrylic I had laying about and it seems to work great.

may i be added to the PM list aswell it seems interesting and my be a future plan for me aswell! :D

Sure thing fall,

I am actually preping the surface now to make sure I don't scratch the surface or anything.

I'm curious about this too :) Hoping to be added to your finished product PM list lol

Hey guys/gals sorry I didn't send the PM out Sunday as I originally wanted to.

I was called into work so my side projects went out the window for the day.

When I get home later today I hope to finish it up and send out the PM's as promised.

that would be great cant wait to see them,you know you could just create and album on your profile page and dump the pics there=))

that would be great cant wait to see them,you know you could just create and album on your profile page and dump the pics there=))

Hmm good point, actually I will just do that.

I will upload the pics probably later today or tomorrow.

Picture is up in my Album if anyone is curious, feedback always welcome.

Sorry if it's a little hard to see. I don't like to honk my own horn but it looks very nice in person.

I am going to try and darken up the lines a little more to make it overall more photo friendly.

Something I noticed is there are some very slight scratching to the acrylic however nothing which can't be buffed out.

In the end however I would say anyone with an acrylic case who wants to add some cheap and easily removable images this is the way to go.

thanks for uploading the pic looks good=)) glad the grease pencils worked out for you=))

Yup worked out very well, thanks again for the idea jazon1.

once I get the lights in the case it should look very nice.

Back