• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Active cooling for NorthBridge/XP-120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I've got an Asus P5WD2-P with an XP-120 and a monster Delta high speed fan and i want to put a heatsink and fan on my northbridge, can i get a really low profile sink and fan for this? It looks like i have about .375" of space till i hit the xp-120. I'm going to sink all the fet's and pll's as well but i would like active cooling on the northbridge if i can. Recommendations and links welcomed. Thanks for the help.

Here's a shot of the MASSIVE Delta and the NorthBridge.
picture0178sz.jpg

Hmm...you'd probably be better off in this case with a passive Zalman, trim it down as needed, and let the Delta take care of the airflow...or see if you strap a 40mm fan to the side of it.

dude with that fan, i'd say you are getting active cooling on the NB. I have a low speed fan on my xp-120 and i unplugged the fan on my nb, still runs fine. love the avatar, btw ;)

Back