• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adam's Operation GrandSlam ~ Watercooling Project[PICS]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CoreGamer said:
Hows the shipping going? Im sure you must be tracking the package like a hawk :p

First off, it sucks ordering from the United States. I get charged Brokerage FEE, GST,PST so everytime a package comes I have to pay like $30 - $50 at the door.

Second, Yes! I should get the rest of my stuff on Monday or Tuesday!

I havent decided if I should have the fans on Intake(BLUE) or on exaust (RED), what do you guys think? Can you give me a reason and a explination why you choose that option. Im leaning towards having them on intake.

questionhehe8rl.jpg

Exhaust. Warm air rises, why fight it?
If you have them as intake the air will be blown through the case to escape out the cracks and fan holes, only to rise and be recirculated into the rad. Probably not to any great degree, but thats why I'd do it.

-aDaM^ said:
I havent decided if I should have the fans on Intake(BLUE) or on exaust (RED), what do you guys think? Can you give me a reason and a explination why you choose that option. Im leaning towards having them on intake.

questionhehe8rl.jpg

Id go with an exhaust setup as mentioned before. While it might hurt water temps slightly it will be FAR more forgiving on the overall case temps which honestally are more important since you are going to kill the airflow when going to water

EDIT: Oh god I think Im too late... I hope you measured your PSU clearence before cutting the rad-grill hole. Id hate for your project to be ruined if you cant fit your PSU in the box with the rad installed :cry:

Sentential said:
EDIT: Oh god I think Im too late... I hope you measured your PSU clearence before cutting the rad-grill hole. Id hate for your project to be ruined if you cant fit your PSU in the box with the rad installed :cry:

7 3/4" Clearence, Im pretty sure thats enough. I used a purepower 550w and there was 1 1/4" clearence still left. I was hoping to get a PCP&C so I think im good :)

Daddyjaxx said:
Intake. This way the coolest air goes through the rad.
But if he does that wouldnt it add hot air to the inside of the case? I'm asking to make sure I dont goof up on mine.

That grill looks slick. I like that alot. You did a great job on the cutting. Its clean looking.

EDIT: I didnt realize there were two pages. Ignore my post. I can be dumb sometimes. Its early and the kids woke me up on purpose.. in a bad mood and just got my first cup of joe in my hands. Sorry. :bang head

Oper8or said:
But if he does that wouldnt it add hot air to the inside of the case? I'm asking to make sure I dont goof up on mine.

That grill looks slick. I like that alot. You did a great job on the cutting. Its clean looking.

EDIT: I didnt realize there were two pages. Ignore my post. I can be dumb sometimes. Its early and the kids woke me up on purpose.. in a bad mood and just got my first cup of joe in my hands. Sorry. :bang head

thank you, I've decided im going to do Intake. I can always switch it to exaust and see the difference.

I've decided to do mine exhuast style for the reason Sen mentioned. I dout the damage on my temps will be to sever, for I have good case flow and all hot hardware under water.

ziggo0 said:
I've decided to do mine exhuast style for the reason Sen mentioned. I dout the damage on my temps will be to sever, for I have good case flow and all hot hardware under water.

I've used Intake in my last 4 cases always worked good so imma just stick with it.

Intake, gets some cool air to your rad and to your system, although I would suggest trying both and see what works best

I got my BIX-2 , Fillport , Primoflex tubing today! Ill post some pics in a bit!

Back