• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 underperforming...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

Ok, so I did a clean install of WIn 10 x64 last night, and ran a benchmark today and my new M.2 drive is drastically underperforming. On userbenchmark.com the drive scored a 226% when the average is 300%. Any suggestions on how to get this to work better? I went into the device manager to search for better drivers, but was told that the best drivers are already installed. How can I optimize the drive?

Last edited:
Don't use jenky benchmarks that doesn't tell you exactly how the drive performs is a start. ;)

What does ATTO say? AS SSD? Anvil Storage benchmark? How do they compare to reviews of your drive (I think we reviewed it... search the front page).

Last edited:
Don't use jenky benchmarks that doesn't tell you exactly how the drive performs is a start. ;)

What does ATTO say? AS SSD? Anvil Storage benchmark? How do they compare to reviews of your drive (I think we reviewed it... search the front page).
What I was concerned with, is that all users use the same benchmark, and my drive is underperforming compared to others with the same drive using that benchmark. I just bought an i7-9700k to upgrade from my 8700k, so I'll post screens of those benchmarks when I can.

Here is the first benchmark with ATTO, and it looks like the drive you tested performed much better(If Im reading this correctly)
Atto.jpg

Last edited:
I understood what you were concerned with, but that didn't tell us any details and lord knows what it was compared to. Hence the ask for actual benchmarks and data! :)

Anyway, it looks like writes are OK, but reads are a bit low. Did you download the Adata SSD toolbox software and have it optimize the system (I think that is an option)? What is your write caching policy (Right click This PC, Properties, Device manager, disk drives, find the drive and right click, properties, policy tab)? Mine has the top option checked, the bottom unchecked.

Can you kindly create a signature and list your system specs, please so we can see all of your hardware? :)

I understood what you were concerned with, but that didn't tell us any details and lord knows what it was compared to. Hence the ask for actual benchmarks and data! :)

Anyway, it looks like writes are OK, but reads are a bit low. Did you download the Adata SSD toolbox software and have it optimize the system (I think that is an option)? What is your write caching policy (Right click This PC, Properties, Device manager, disk drives, find the drive and right click, properties, policy tab)? Mine has the top option checked, the bottom unchecked.

Can you kindly create a signature and list your system specs, please so we can see all of your hardware? :)

Sure, I was going to wait to update my sig until I installed my new 9700k, but I just did that. I thought that I had installed the Adata toolbox, but I must not have. Thanks for that reminder. I'll do some more benchmarks after I optimize the drive, and post back here. Thanks for all your attention with this!
drive.jpg

After the optimization, things havent changed....I think the manual changes I made had already optimized the drive anyway.
attobench.jpg

Do you have something to monitor the temps? What about airflow in the area the drive is mounted?

I'm imagining that is idle...

... we need load temps, Heat! :)

Sorry, just got home from work...thanks for your patience! During an Atto benchmark, the temps hovered between 39 degrees C and 41 degrees C...it hit 42 degrees once and then quickly dropped back to 39 degrees

Back