• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added more Ram BSOD driver irql less error & non page fault error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Added another stick of Ram to my PC same specs as Kingston stick in sig.

I am also getting driver irql less error, page fault in non page area and a couple of times PC has been on and the screen seems to turn itself off due to no input signal but remote access ends, PC stays on as if its working which its clearly not. All happening after adding new Ram.

Both in correct slot/reseated and memtest/win mem test check out clean.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Bandit

Last edited:
Mixed stocks aren't a good idea, generally.....

Have you added any SOC voltage to support the additional RAM?

Sorry, not using mixed sticks. I removed the Kllisre ram from the system entirely. Only using 2 x Kingston.

Can't workout what/why I am still getting these errors. Memtests all coming up clean, sfc comes up clean and chkdsk is fine as well.

Also is it true these errors can be caused if Windows is not fully updated? I installed about 99% of the updates and about 3 failed and won't install while trying to update constantly.

Also can Nvidia drivers be an issue? I have since updated these to the latest just incase.

Last edited:
Sorry, not using mixed sticks. I removed the Kllisre ram from the system entirely. Only using 2 x Kingston.
Just because both say Kingston on them doesn't mean they aren't mixed sticks. Manufactures change IC's in product all the time. ;)

Just because both say Kingston on them doesn't mean they aren't mixed sticks. Manufactures change IC's in product all the time. ;)

Wait so even though I have purchased the same ram, same model number etc it can still be a problem??

I have been reading up while I can at work and there is also mention about turning off auto page file management. So I will try this as well.

Would powering off the machine and totally draining the power clear anything sitting in the Rams memory? I already did this after swapping the Ram but I will try just about anything to resolve this issue so close to having this build finished just the last hurdle.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Mixed stocks aren't a good idea, generally.....

Have you added any SOC voltage to support the additional RAM?

Have not touched anything. I reset BIOS to default after taking battery out from motherboard. All left on automatic.

If you purchased them together, as in, they both came in the same package as a "kit" then they are more than likely exactly the same. If they are the same speed & voltage, but bought individually then they could have different chips from one another.

Same model #? Likely the same, but you can easily examine them visually. See if the RAM chips on the sticks have the exact same numbers printed on them.

I'd say re-seat them, and boot a memtest CD \ flash drive.

Just checked CPU-Z it says kingston ram on the stick but shows with info below, I even confirmed part number with pc place I purchased from.

New Ram stick
M0qOwwc.jpg

Original Ram stick
ooYiLXe.png

Different IC's, indeed.

Did you try adding SOC voltage as mentioned previoisly?

Have not fiddled around with it, im trying to see if I can return the ram. I will just go buy it from the shop I purchased my first lot from. I checked the packaging of this new stick and the part number matches the one I have already but CPU-Z as per pics shows different info. Memtest comes up clean I just hope this place will take it back. I already had to wait to get this ram and said I don't really have time to wait again as I am falling behind on work while this computer is out of commission using a low end laptop.

It is likely that you'll need to add SOC voltage anyway. I'd at least try it and see if it works...

So are you telling me if everything is on auto it could be wrong ? I generally don't mess with anything in the BIO apart from basic stuff. Only muck around with voltages etc if I am oveclocking on a PC that isn't my main rig. Do you think its possible I could have the same problem if I manage to get another stick exactly the same? (plan on going to the first shop I went to a month or so ago who will have the same stuff).

Got this back just now from the place I got the Ram from;

Thanks for your email.
We have no idea why cpu-z don't show kingston on it.
All the Ram come with life time warranty. If you think the RAM is faulty, we will raise a rma job and sent it back to kingston nz supplier for warranty. If you don't want to wait warranty process, we also happy to swap other RAM or refund.

Please let us know what you want to do.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah... I'd say take their offer for a refund and pick up a good, well reviewed kit of RAM.

Just saying this because I think in the long run you will benefit more from it. Cheap ram works, of course it does! There is cheap ram in far more systems than performance ram. But... Treat yourself?

Ok so I got another stick of Ram returned the stuff I previously brought that didn't match my current stick.

I noticed the part numbers were the same however one stick was from Korea and the other stick from Taiwan.

The Taiwan stuff is what reads Kingston in CPU-Z and the Korean stuff reads otherwise.

My memory errors have been sorted.

Back