• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added push/pull to radiator and temps went up by 8c?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So i had the Corsair 360 in push and was getting around 72c max temps. I wanted to see what the temps would be like in pull so I switched the fans and it was one degree lower. So Thinking more fans the better I added push to the pull configuration. To my surprise temps rose to 80c and even a max of 82c. What the heck is going on here? This makes absolutely no sense.

I'd guess it has something to do with the testing methodology.

Sometimes a push/pull doesn't help, especially with low FPI rads. Typically, they don't go UP, which is why I'm thinking there was a flaw in testing/something was different.

Duration of test? The fact that this was started after the other and the water was warmer, perhaps? Unlikely considering the difference. Maybe there wasn't enough exhaust so it slowed the intake enough? Highly unlikely, that too... but yes, such a difference shouldn't happen. Why is anyone's guess...

Can you upload two pictures, showing each side of the radiator?

Did you take the ambient temperature of the room into consideration?

Stupid question but are you sure you have all the fans going in the same direction? That would cause poor airflow raising temps like that.

Indeed, sounds like your fans are pushing against each other. It’s pretty warm out right now, could be that too..

So, you had 6 intake...and 3 exhaust (top). Then went to 9 intake...with 3 exhaust.

When you tested this, was the side of the case on? If so (as it should have been since that is likely how you run it) try it with the side off and see what that does.

How long are you running the OCCT test? I'm assuming ~30 mins to make sure the water gets saturated? Be sure to give it time to come back to ambient as well. All of these things add up to a lot. ;)

Whichever 3 fans have the most CFM I would have as exhaust. That's a heavy heavy intake setup.

The case was fully assembled during all the tests. The exhaust fans, scythe kaze flex have the highest cfm. Temps are 2c lower with sides off. I have ran all the occt tests for five minutes and let the temps normalize for ten minutes before doing another.

Can we assume that the cpu block was removed during installation? If so, maybe you now have a poor mount, and a repaste may make the difference

I removed it, used the same pea size paste after remounting. After looking at temps the first time, I unmounted and remounted the cpu block the same way with the same results.

Can we assume that the cpu block was removed during installation? If so, maybe you now have a poor mount, and a repaste may make the difference
This. I didnt think about that... likely a paste/mount issue... maybe trapped air...

ED had the problem nailed before we had pictures :plus1:... Just because you have 3 push and 3 pull config does not = better :comp: If your push or pull fans have more CFM than the one on the other side = it's either starving for more air or being push to go faster than it's rated for (slowing the other side down)..:facepalm:

The only way to make this a = is to have all fans by one manufacturer @ xxx CFM :D ...... AND remember -> If you need more airflow <- Delta Fans have you covered with 150+ CFM models https://www.performance-pcs.com/fan...d-high-speed-fan-sleeved-afb1212ghe-cf00.html NOT responsible for hearing loss if purchased and used :chair: :rofl:

:welcome:

Thank You

I have the pc011 dynamic case as well. In mine I have the (eeek) Enermax Liqmax II 360 ARGB and with a Ryzen 3700x @ 4.4GHZ it will stay in the low 70s on a 15 minute Intel burn test run. I have 6 Arctic P12 fans blowing air in through the radiator- then there are 3 of the Enermax fans blowing air up from the bottom and then 3 more Actric P12 fans blowing out the top. Seems to be the same setup as your as far as orientation

The 7700k does run hot though. I want to get the 10900k but I'm going to wait till the next cpu is released or if ryzen can catch up to intel in game performance.

Back