• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adobe Reader DC - Icons have changed on 2 different OS systems, 7 and 10 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have 2 systems. One is running Win 10, the other is running Win 7.

I haven't updated Adobe Reader in either computer.

Yet a few days the Adobe PDF icons have changed their look. SOMETHING has been changed. Anyone else seeing this, and know why this happening?

This link describes my observation with the new icon look.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2542394

I'm using version 2019.008.20074 of Adobe Reader DC.

I don't care that they changed, I want to know HOW they changed considering I haven't updated either software on the computer. I don't have autoupdate setup on either computer, very odd.

I'll bet that they turned auto update back on the last time you manually updated. While I don't know for a fact that it happens that way, I've got pretty strong suspicions :)

I'll bet that they turned auto update back on the last time you manually updated. While I don't know for a fact that it happens that way, I've got pretty strong suspicions :)

Sounds that way. I looked through the Properties in A. Reader, I cannot find a box indicating actions for updates. Where would I find this in Win7 and Win10?

Every single time I update Adobe Flash Player it acts stupid and tries to con me in to automatic updates, forcing a manual selection in a decade long war of attrition against automatically updating anything. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if Reader did the same thing.

Why would you not want to update Adobe Reader? Applications are updated for a number or reasons, one being to allow the app to continue to work in the OS as the OS itself is undergoing change through updates. Of course, if you are not allowing the OS to update then there is no need for allowing updates to the apps, as long as they were working properly in the first place.

Back