• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 Pro & Office H&B problems and questions. HELP!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

With every new version of MS windows comes problems and things we need to learn. I have some problems that hopefully someone here can help address. Thanks.

1. How to increase the size of text in folders?
2. How to stop having to double click on each open windows to drag it, you cannot just grab a window now, you have to click it twice to move it.
3. on task bar show all tasks along the bottom, not stacked and not use tiny icons.
4. on my computer, when the drive comes up, and you have multiple partitions up on the screen the drive letter and name is so small that you cannot see it, I hate the ribbon type
on these, it is really hard to tell what drive is what, how to change this?
5. Another problem, when copying files from drive A to drive B we cannot see what files are copying and where, it just indicates the partition name, there is no where to see what files are copying, and to where, and if I stop it and have multiple different folders being copied, I don't know which one is which.
6. no way to increase the size of the file copying window? called actions running
7. My ethernet connections continually drops when not in use.
8. Outlook Home and Business 2019. I can open my old 2010 pst data files, but I cannot associate the accounts with the file anymore. When I click data files the browse button is greyed out.
9. I have found a way to be my internet connection icon on the desktop, but then it is still a 2-3 step process to log in as it brings up another screen.
10. The person who installed Win 10 for me did so in Chinese, and so now there is remninces of Chinese all over my system. I need to leave the language pack installed, but how to remove all those?

1. Scaling is one way, or increase the font size.
2. You can grab windows... it has to be done across the top bar (as I always remember it being done?).
3. Not sure if that can be done w/o 3rd party program
4. Are you talking Windows explorer and This PC? The drive letter is the same size as the other fonts... See #1
5. ???? It shows them, but it goes pretty fast in most cases.... depends on the filze size. But you have a display that shows the status and speed, the number of files left and size of the files left... Not really sure what you are getting at here. Not sure about the second half... but I recall seeing this and being able to discern by simply knowing the destination or source or both.
6. ???? The dialog box that shows the transfer rates and such? I don't think you can.
7. Connections... as in plural? Why is this a windows issue?
8. That's an Outlook issue.. contact their support for assistance.
9. Why do you need to log in to your internet connection? I don't understand this at all. My internet just works... and has since Windows XP.
10. Without removing the language pack, no idea. Why did you have someone install Windows for you? Been around since 2007... that should be something you can do!!! :)

What size monitor and resolution are you running? Almost sounds like 4K? I don't have these issues at 2560x1440...

1. Scaling is one way, or increase the font size.
2. You can grab windows... it has to be done across the top bar (as I always remember it being done?).
3. Not sure if that can be done w/o 3rd party program
4. Are you talking Windows explorer and This PC? The drive letter is the same size as the other fonts... See #1
5. ???? It shows them, but it goes pretty fast in most cases.... depends on the filze size. But you have a display that shows the status and speed, the number of files left and size of the files left... Not really sure what you are getting at here. Not sure about the second half... but I recall seeing this and being able to discern by simply knowing the destination or source or both.
6. ???? The dialog box that shows the transfer rates and such? I don't think you can.
7. Connections... as in plural? Why is this a windows issue?
8. That's an Outlook issue.. contact their support for assistance.
9. Why do you need to log in to your internet connection? I don't understand this at all. My internet just works... and has since Windows XP.
10. Without removing the language pack, no idea. Why did you have someone install Windows for you? Been around since 2007... that should be something you can do!!! :)

What size monitor and resolution are you running? Almost sounds like 4K? I don't have these issues at 2560x1440...

Some of these may need screen shots, I am just not sure I can get them...

1. I tried, it increased, but like the little arrow to go back is so small and under the ribbon it is really difficult to press sometimes when you are moving around at lightning speeds.

2. I have tried, I still have to doubleclick it for some reason

3. I may have to look for a 3rd party program then, because even in Win 7, you can go to settings and change it from stacking to horizontal across the task bar so you can actually see what is opened.

4. It's because of the top ribbon, the explorer window has changed a lot and everything is in a different place now, the arrow is just too small.

5. I was transferring 100GB folder, it takes time. But I did multiple folders, had no idea which one was which as the path name was too long.

6. Probably you cannot, same on other versions.

7. Sorry should not have an S there, I had to rewrite my reply as my connection dropped. AGAIN! I figured out the problem, the installer left on the timer, I have no idea why, but he did, when I switch back to the old machine, if I can find the setting again I will post it, this is the only thing of my list of 10 that is working now and I figured out how to deal with it.

8. Yeah I know, but was hoping someone could shed some light.

9. Sometimes the connection to the internet drops and you have to relog in to your ISP.. When I connect ethernet cable it doesn't just start working, you have to log in to the isp first.

10. Because he installed the system hardware for me. They are much better at gluing the fans on to the CPU etc, I have little patience for that stuff. He said he would download and install Win 10 for me, and I let him, he tested my machine for like 48 hours too to make sure there were not any hardware issues. I can built my own machine, but I am getting older, need to work, I don't want to be bothered with the installation process anymore, and it was free with everything I bought, so I figured what the heck.... But... because I do need the langauge pack, some things are in Chinese, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. of course some of it I can understand living in in Taiwan so long, but... I don't want to see on my system.. Are there parts of the language pack I remove that would take care of that? Like right mouse clicking on the tabs on the left side brings up a menu, small, medium, large, etc.. That part is in Chinese. and hwen the system shuts down, the screen the appears first is in Chinese, which is like PC is shutting down the following programs.. etc.. in Win 7 that never happens. I have the language pack installed only for typing, I am wondering if I need to uninstall the language pack for OS and use it just for typing? Are they still separate??

1. Pic Plz..
2. Default is not that... You can hold LMB (left Mouse Button) and drag Windows/dialog boxes around your screen.
3. I can see the apps which is enough (for me).
4. The arrow is not the same as the drive letter... #4 is now two different things? I don't believe you can change the back arrow there.
5. Ok
6. Ok
7. GOod, not a Windows issue.
8. Contact their support for the best response. :)
9. I've never had to log into my ISP. Ever. Not sure why you have to or why that is happening.
10. Gotcha. I don't know if they are seperate... try uninstalling it and see. Worst case is you reinstall it, right?

Last edited:
9. are you plugged into a plain old modem from your machine? like, a really old dsl modem? do you login using pppoe?

9. are you plugged into a plain old modem from your machine? like, a really old dsl modem? do you login using pppoe?

Wager, I have FTTH connection to a modem, and then from modem to ethernet cable. The ISP requires a log in, now, someone tried to install before for me that it will auto connect, but I didn't let them do it because sometimes I want to disconnect. But maybe now I need to learn how to do it. So please teach me how to set up the connection right so it doesn't constantly keep disconnecting on me.

I will come back with screen shots on the other issues later on, I am still busy figuring out outlook mail in the meantime. I think I may have figured out why my mail was not importing right. I am trying another method and see if it will work, if it does, then I will get it set up. This is turning out to be a long process. I have had my new machine now for 3 weeks and cannot use it because I don't have my email uploaded to the new computer yet. Very very very sad....

But I have a question.. Why in hell does it take 8-10 seconds to save an image from the internet in Windows 10????? OMG!!! I right mouse click, save as, and then the system sits three for 8 seconds before it brings up the pictures folder to save the image. WTF?!!?! On my old machine, even though it is slow, it only takes less than 1 second!!! This is a new machine, new OS and it is unbelievable slow!!!! What gives????

Do you have platter drives which sleep? Are you sending the file to the platter drive?

I don't have that issue unless I try to save something to a HDD that is sleeping.

Do you have platter drives which sleep? Are you sending the file to the platter drive?

I don't have that issue unless I try to save something to a HDD that is sleeping.

Well, here's the thing, I tried to save like 20 photos from the internet to the same folder. As far as I know the HDD is not sleeping. I don't think I have it set to that, unless it is automatic problem in Win 10. But why would it sleep after 1 second???? I am stumped... even if the drive was sleeping, why would it take 10 seconds for the menu to come up after 1-5 seconds after saving the first pic?

Ahh, more details were helpful........................

It shouldn't sleep after only a second or so. No idea why it does that then.

Then.... hmmmmm... it's just odd.. I don't like it, it takes way too much time to open the folder to save... any ideas?

Some screen shots for other problems.

1. bottom task bar, how to make them bigger?
2. how to make the arrows bigger? Left top side. how to separate per folder when click?
3. how to separate per folder when click?

Wow, ok.. when it uploaded the three pics, it put them all together. i hope you guys can figure out what i mean by looking at that terrible upload... they are separate files, but the forum put them all together.... egads...

Attachments

• 2019-10-09 21_31_20-.jpg
    2019-10-09 21_31_20-.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2019-10-09 21_32_44-Documents.jpg
    2019-10-09 21_32_44-Documents.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2019-10-09 21_34_35-.jpg
    2019-10-09 21_34_35-.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 23
I'd refer the last set of questions (1,2,3) back to your other thread RE: Classic Shell etc... as that is where you can customize these to your liking a lot more.

Back