• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADSL2 surge protectors/filters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fosk

Can someone with a clear knowledge of this point me in the right direction, several times over the years my ADSL2 has had different issues and in the end it was either the filter that plugs into the wall or the power pack with built in surge protector that I connected the line through before going into the ADSL2.

Can someone shed light on quality of these products and what causes the issue and or how often to look at replacing them? My initial guess is that it just degrades after so many surges to the point where the surge protector is faulty? Or the filter just degrades over time from use and or surges?

Are these products built equally will a single power slot protector serve my ADSL just as good as a bigger 6 power slot? I was also looking at those packs that can keep your PC running during power loss for up to 10 minutes, are these higher end products that cost ten times as much more effective in longevity?

Some reference pictures for anyone not quite following.

Filter - ADSL goes into wall, phone connects into that

HTB1tcOuLpXXXXXfXXXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

Surge Protector - Single slot

-35997221-0f8f1c40a351f2b08c18819647af3d18-product.jpg

Surge Protector - Six slot

f9s620au2m1.jpg

Backup power pack

42-101-494-10.jpg

Back