• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advanced Clock Controls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luanpa

Registered
Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L and I'm trying to get a little more umpfh out of this old Core 2 Quad of mine. I see that in the BIOS menue there is something called the "Advanced Clock Controls" which include CPU Drive and PCIE Drive.

Can anyone clarify what this menu is and how I should use it?

Just leave the Clock Drive (CPU and PCIe) and Clock Skew (CPU and MCH) values at their defaults (700-800mV and 0ps). They're modified primarily w/ extreme overclocks, meaning very high FSBs and effective clock speeds.
From the Gigabyte EP43 and EP45 manuals said:
CPU Clock Drive allows changing the frequency amplitude of the bus between the chipset North Bridge and the CPU, and PCI Express Clock Drive – of the bus between the chipset North Bridge and PCI-E. CPU Clock Skew and MCH Clock Skew parameters set the time shift between the processor and chipset North Bridge clocks.

Back