• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice needed on a 2Gb DDR RAM purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rangi

I'm thinking of buying either the:

OCZ DDR 2GB PC4000 PERFORMACE SERIES 2x1GB DDR 500MHZ CL3

or

G.Skill 2GB DDR500 HZ SeriesGS3210 2x1GB

or

Mushkin 2GB Redline XP4000+ PC4000 DDR500 3-3-2-8 Dual Channel Kit

I can get hold of the Xtremesystems DC kit that uses UCCC samsung IC's rated at DDR533 3-4-4-8 2x1GB sounds good but dubious, need more research/advice on that kit I feel.

Four choices as far as I can see, to try for 280HTT+ 1:1 price is roughly the same more or less :D so it's no concern.

Any suggestions?

I've never had my hands on G.Skill, nor seen any vendors around here that have em, so I have to do a 1:1 on the Muskin versus OCZ.

On the OCZ I've always seen fair overclocks, but never really had any "wow" exerperiences myself, whereas the Muskin's often seem to squeeze just a little bit more for the dollar.

Mind you, thats just old experience on AMD platforms pre 939 when I used to dabble more in OC'ing, not with the modules you mention here... But I'd go for the Mushkin's.

/Flix

edit: bad type.. never forget the l in overclock..

Last edited:
Back