• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice needed please re. o/c'd i5-750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

upquark

Hi Guys,

I wonder if I could ask some advice please? As you can see from the spec, I have a i5-750 running well at 3.9GHz. The question is, when I'm using it for flight simulator x (approx. 75% load) the temperature rises to a maximum of 73 C. I understand this is OK but would like to reduce the temp by tweaking voltages. I already have a middle-of-the range after market cooler (the name escapes me) and extra case fans.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Steve

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 39
You are running at a reasonably low CPU Voltage. You might drop your BCLK to 186 and notch your multiplier to 21. I found I was able to have greater stability with my i7 860 when my multi was 22 and my BCLK was 182 than with 21x191 or 20x200. The lower BCLK seemed to put less stress on the system.

OTOH, at 3900MHz, even with no HT, a middling heatsink might not keep your temps down the way you would like. You might consider this. Best bargain around, IMO.

Thanks for the reply. I was always given to understand that the multiplier should be left at 20. I will give your suggestion a go and post on the results. Thanks again.

Steve

The 20x multiplier was always known as an unlucky one.

Be sure to post your results. And when you can remember the name of your heatsink, post that, too. Or at least a pic.

Back