• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on fan config round 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aquitain3

Registered
First Thread

Thanks for telling me how bad my cable management was, it inspired me to fix it. I switched up the fans, making it a positive air pressure case. It is VERY quiet without the top exhausts, especially when running my fans at high RPM during/after gaming. When I put the rear-top fan back in, it is unbearably loud on medium/full speed(low is silent ofc).

Here's my new question for the smart guys over here: is one exhaust enough? Should I be ok with slightly higher idle temps in the name of silence?
For instance my GPU temps are still just as good as before but the case itself just seems to be hotter. Like, the walls get hot and when I turn it up, they cool off in 30 seconds.

please advise <3

attachment.php

Last edited:
One exhaust fan is enough, you're worry too much. If you don't see smoke coming out of your pc, keep on gaming :D, just kidding.
If your GPU doesn't get over 85c, you should be ok.

Back