• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advise for 3900x CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And an AIO CLC whatever you want to call it.. will only last you a few years. If it’s not the pump it’s the coolant levels, if it’s not the levels is the gunk and sludge buildup that will get you. To each their own.. either way I suggest a datavac lol. You don’t have to take a heatsink off to blow it out. :thup:

I like the the swiftech AIO. You can add dad's, gpu block, you can even change the pump, and of course, refill.

Liked mine very much. Added a 280+140+GPU block..

And an AIO CLC whatever you want to call it.. will only last you a few years. If it’s not the pump it’s the coolant levels, if it’s not the levels is the gunk and sludge buildup that will get you. To each their own.. either way I suggest a datavac lol. You don’t have to take a heatsink off to blow it out. :thup:

Granted. But personally, I think this is a reasonable expense when the advantages of AIO cooling are considered. That's true for me at least as I go for the basic AIO coolers that can be had for around $100.

Granted. But personally, I think this is a reasonable expense when the advantages of AIO cooling are considered. That's true for me at least as I go for the basic AIO coolers that can be had for around $100.
And most users heads explode when you're talking custom water. There are those that will and those who won't.

Also consider that a decent aio is $100-$150 (talking 2x140 or 3x120)... lets say they last 3 years.. over the course of 10 years, thats 300-450. If you go full custom cpu only, you're looking at 300 on the low end (rad, pump, block, tubing, fittings, etc). During those 10 years, you should clean it at least annually...and who knows if the block will work down the road with future sockets without at least buying a new mounting kit. I see the value in a CLC cooler especially for those who are water averse with their pc.

When I first got my CLC, a bunch of guys here gave me a hard time about it, saying air was better.. I strongly disagreed because I just put my D14 away for the CLC.. I got better performance from that for about a year and a half before I noticed performance starting to taper a bit. I was using a decenty clocked x5690 for folding, and some benching. First it started with higher load temps, then I had to drop clocks. On top of that the fans were loud, my fault for using 120x38s, but the stock ones sucked, and the pump was loud. I used it for about 4 years before I gave up on it and went back to air cooling. I still have the same hardware I did when I got into clc cooling, so it was a direct comparison. Any ways in due time you guys will see what I’m saying. Might take a little while longer since most of your CPUs barely put any heat out. You and your low tdps lol :) Me too with this 3770K, the hottest running cpu that I’ve ever owned that puts out no heat.

Just kidding about the TDP thing.. it’s a touchy subject these days and I was just poking the bears.

Back