• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advise requested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyon

Hello all, :bday:

Im kinda stuck with this old pc right now, and i decided to just plug in a grafic card, so i can play some ''newer''games on lowest settings....i found this place by reading an old topic , see link below
This is a link to a post of this website, if the policys dont allow it please dont click then :-/
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692390
someone stated he could use a 2.1x16 pci gfx into his mobo, that according to normal specs only allows 1 x16 pci
Before i mess up by installing a grafics card that makes my pc into a toaster :temper: i was hoping if you could guide me in the same way.

Cpu: (atm it got a AMD Semprom 3400+) am waiting for AMD Athlon x2 6000+
Mobo: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE and NVIDIA nForce 430
RAM: ddr2 ram 2x2 gig
400wat energy suply

The goal is to just add a grafics card of about 40ish euros
The AMD Radeon™ HD 6450(thats also the card the prev. guy used)
seems to be in my pricing....so to make the story short

Will a AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 fit in my Mobo? or do you have a better suggestion for my pricetag

Please help :)

you can use a pci 2 or 3 card on a pci 16 slot it just wont perform as fast as it would on its rated slot but no harm will come to your pc from it.

thanks alot for the quick reply, just finished shopping around and decided to go for a sapphire-radeon-hd6570-2gb , considering it costs 5euros more, but it has crossfire (so can take it with whenever i do get a proper machine ^^)

Back