• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIDA64 competition benchmark *December Decathlon*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
**Overall winner of the competition is Woomack**

*See page 3 for the AIDA64 competition championship results and trophies*

Big thanks to all the members who participated in the competition. I really enjoyed it and I hope you guys did to! Witnessed some incredible technology right here, pushed to the absolute limit. Awesome stuff! Hopefully we can run something like this every 6 months, great way to witness technology at its best.

It's been well over three years since the last AIDA64 benchmark a.k.a. Autumn Equinox. Lots of new tech has come down the pike since and since I have lots of time on my hands right now, recovering from a back injury (L5-S1), I was curious if anyone wanted to do a repeat competition with similar rules and requirements. Generally, that means it's open to anyone here on the forum, and classified by subsystem benchmarks memory speed and latency. We need to decide as a community on a "proper" CPU benchmark within the ADIA64 suite as well have running leaderboards for both memory throughput and CPU benchmark(s). We would award the top leaders from both AMD and Intel as well as fastest systems in memory throughput and lowest memory latencies.

I think AIDA64 should be a component of every overclocker's arsenal. Very informative and relevant program for discovering the performance potential of your computer.

I can start a leaderboard going if we get enough interest. Last time I think we had about 15 total participants. It would be great to see some true competitors rise to the challenge.

Simply run the AIDA64 Cache and memory benchmark and post your results.

*Leaderboards Updated February 1st *
memory latency.JPG memory bandwidth.JPG

Last edited:
cachemem3866-wip3-nearfin2.png

Here's one I did recently. Not bad for dual channel?

Edit:

Module used were TridentZ 3000C14 2x8GB

Last edited:
Chit, I'm down! Ayo Storm where in upstate ny? I'm in Troy right next to RPI and and lived in Albany for 11 years!

Attachments

• Aida.PNG
    Aida.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Hash.PNG
    Hash.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
Hey Nebulous! I'm just a stones throw down the road in Schenectady. We should definitely have an in person bench off or something of the sort. My system(s) is half built so I will be working on posting my own benchmarks later this week. After a careful review of AIDA CPU benchmarks, I think we should go with the CPU HASH benchmark. Please go ahead and run through this bench and simply pin the screenshot to your previous post(s).

http://aida64.helpmax.net/en/benchmark-guide/cpu-hash/

Like this: (Or you can just post the net score)
snip2.JPG

EDIT: And yes my system is currently running on a weak I3 as I wait for my i7-2700K to arrive. Sorry about that! lol
EDIT: Once we get more data coming in I will start the Competition Leaderboard -

I was thinking the wrong system S_C, that was 4x 8GB on the 7900X Two different kits of G.Skill Samsung B die

Cool, I didn't take part in the last one so I will this time (too bad it wasn't a read speed competition, lol):
i9-7920x @4.3GHz
32GB (8GBx4) G.Skill Trident Z 3200

AIDA64 3ghz mesh mem oc.PNG

7900X@almost stock, 32GB ( 4x8GB ) Patriot Viper 4 3733@4100 18-20-20 2N 1.35V

4100.jpg

7900X@4500MHz, 32GB ( 4x8GB ) Patriot Viper 4 3733@4000 17-17-17 2N 1.35V

PV4_OC4000_TXE.jpg

7900@4500MHz, 64GB ( 4x16GB ) Ballistix Elite 3000@3733 17-17-17 2N 1.35V

64gb.jpg

One dual channel result :)

[email protected], 16GB ( 2x8GB ) Trident Z 3200 C14@ 4400 17-17-17 2N ( don't remember voltage, 1.5V or something )

attachment.jpg

For sure I can make something better in quad channel but I sold dual channel so won't make anything better.

Last edited:
In memory bandwidth table is mistake, result is on 32GB DDR4-4100 in quad channel ( not 16 in dual as these settings are from other platform :) ).
Also question, memory bandwidth as max read, write or copy ? Can you put results tables in the 1st post ? ... also maybe better will be to move it to memory section ( that also question to mods as only they can move it ).

Now is even worse :p ...
latency = 7700K@~4.5GHz/ 16GB dual channel 4400
bandwidth = 7900X / 32GB quad channel 4100

I have to rerun 7900x but I don't have 7700k anymore so won't improve that result.

@storm-chaser
Woomack's result wasn't on his 7900x for the 33.8ns latency. I was going to throw a party if he figured out how to get skylake-x to that latency, lol. It was on his 7700k.

Okay guys will update tonight when I return home!

TABLES UPDATED 12/9/17 3pm

MODS _ PLEASE MOVE THREAD IF NEEDED FOR BETTER VISABILITY

Last edited:
Back