• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatrron PX845PEV Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On the PX845 board, you can use the 1.10 bios and it has ALL ratios available for both bus speeds. Dunno about the PE boards that you guys are running...

HUmmmmm

OK, this mobo came with a DOA NIC & before I tried to run a burner -Messed with the 110b BIOS, perhaps I messed up reading the CD writers in doing so (The reason I didn't post the 'fix'). I noticed that Albatron has the 110 as a non beta now & have not tried it.

Down side, was running a nice 4.13g & a few nights ago I got WIN2k Pro corruption errors & was forced to back everything off including the FSB, so now it's 3.28g.

Sorta tired of messing with everything right now, probably wait till the weekend & see what happened, I suspect the DDR suddenly decided to give up the extra push ~was set@ 2.8v Low latency (2.5-7-3-3) settings & a knocked up FSB. The DDR is not hot, so it could simply be WIN2k Pro has really got to the point where it needs a reformat & fresh load; as there are no memory errors!

The 'hacked' BIOS does much the same as the 109 & 110b, when things are not looking cool, it bumps to default settings auto, though that is 133, not 100! Without the fixed divider...it's way awkward.

sloppydirk, sounds like your BIOS might be corrupted; you should not have the 4:5 divider on FSB100.

These numbers are old, but..Lol, seem to be where I am as of now.

Alby orig

Just got done with an ASUS+ Barton 2500+

Cheers

I updated the bios to the 110, after all the problems THAT caused the system is again running, but I can only get it in 1:1 mode. The lowest setting I have is 2.00 then I think 2.5 and 2.66(turbo). Am I missing something?

Seems a stale mate

Binow said:
I updated the bios to the 110, after all the problems THAT caused the system is again running, but I can only get it in 1:1 mode. The lowest setting I have is 2.00 then I think 2.5 and 2.66(turbo). Am I missing something?

Maybe a stale mate with the Albatron BIOS all around then......:(

Though once you get over the hump..

Well! Ok, try this, I lowered the DDR as described above (2.5-7-3-3), to increase the FSB. Turbo will limit your FSB dramatically, but will still run pretty quick, if your CPU voltage is around 1.6v. Make sure you have a decent cooler & no 'Tape' between the HS & the CPU -Has to be Arctic/Ceramic.

Disable the broad spectrum (Have to do that) & then fix the next item for {Ok, I'm not looking @ it right now.....think it's 66/33} That's your 4:5 ratio...>>>> After getting your FSB up to..>>>

Jump the FSB to 150 & slowly move move up from there.

REMEMBER to reboot between each change you make, after the above with increased FSB changes.

Radio Shack has some capacitors that will boost your stability on the FSB, I'm not going there tonight; actually I was not going anywhere till the weekend:)

This mobo is fast, but the BIOS really sucks! Have to do some capacitor mods & BIOS changes to get this thing working right & then (As I found) that's not done deal!

Cheers
PS _I'm off the clock, so check the BIOS Advanced Chipset settings & re post.

Wow, its nice to see that you guys are still getting the albatron up to speed. I ditched mine in favor of an IS7. The IS7 has a few quirks of its own, but is still so much better than the albatron... good luck with your boards.

G'day

ShaDrag My Son just had to have an AMD *Sigh* -But I was really serious about the ABIT too, for myself!

I'ts getting close to tax rebates ;)

The Albatron DOA NIC is nothing more than a mis-match between the Router & Albatrons stupid setup, I hate starting out on any mobo with p*** poor BIOS support {That's the Alby's base TRADE MARK}!

On a positive note, Alby does use the Jap capacitors, hence why good OC's are seen on the newer mobo's ~Not as cheap though, as you all can see; no leaking fried mobo's is a good thing. The hardware is well put together, though shy on one or two items~ 4 phase board {It's not}.

Alby just not have decent BIOS support, nor intergration of hardware. On a personal level (aside the NIC) I along with many others actually like a fast stripped down mobo -No RAID, with SATA available though; never needed firewire or a bunch of other creature comforts, just speed.......................>> & more speed.

I believe ABIT have fixed their bad capacitor issues, but still don't use the high end Jap stuff.

Cheers

KiwiRack - Yeah, I know what you mean. Wow, I didn't even take a look at your sig... 4.1ghz!! on air!! on the alby!! Nice OC. :)

ShaDrag said:
KiwiRack - Yeah, I know what you mean. Wow, I didn't even take a look at your sig... 4.1ghz!! on air!! on the alby!! Nice OC. :)

Yes, but did you read above :( Just in case someone is curious why the back down -It appears at that speed over time (around six months) the Windows cache gets corrupted, it's the OS not the hardware. SOOoo, if anyone else gets up there for awhile I'll be really curious to see if they get cache corruptions or not ~H2O or air.....It's sorta like the win'98 thing -After around 10 months to a year win'98 corrupts 'spontanously' -Except this was on win 2k pro. Seems to me Microsoft does not allow for high speed systems.......

XP might handle it, I don't know; never did go for the 'Bloated Goat Syndrome' If I can't understand all of it, I don't want it and at 1.5g for an OS vs 28meg...Well, who could possibly really understand that much data.

Got Linux on the side, no time yet though -But maybe that won't crash out!

I'll have change the sig..Lol

Cheers

just got my rma back from alby and looks like they gave me a new one :) have it up and running only at 133 (1.8a 100) with tight timmings 2/5/2/2 (gotta love kingston hyperX). well probable bump it up when i get home just wanna make sure its stable. most likely im not gonna get far on a generic one ps :(
can anyone suggest me a good ps that can handle 4 harddrives/ 2 cdrw and 1 dvd-/+r :eek:

Hello all, there's a new bios out for:

Albatron Bios PX845PEV Rev:800 v2.0
and
Albatron Bios PX845PEV Pro Rev:800 v2.0

Can we use these or will it break the board?

edit: those board seem almost new, Albatron must have gotten a very good price on left over 845PE northbridges.

Can we use these or will it break the board?

the board seems to be similar to the PX845 Pro, but why should we flash it ?

Notes says some problem with onboard LAN is fixed...

One thing:

What is the highest stable FSB for the PX845PEV Pro ?

Heard something around 190 Mhz.. ?

Is this the limit ?

Other 845PE Board like EPOX or Abot BH-7 make FSB >220 Mhz...

Last edited:
The PEV Pro uses some different hardware, so I can't say for sure what the max FSB really is. The actual PE Pro II boards would do 205+ FSB stable even with hyperthreading enabled.

I ran a 2.4C, HT enabled, at 209FSB for about 28 hours with dual prime instances. Had no issues whatsoever...

Hi! I wish I had found this thread 1 year ago.
Has anyone with the Rev800 Bios tried a P4 with a 800MHz FSB?

I had my bunch of bad experiences with the PCI Lock and restarting.

PCI Lock seemed to work fine for me unless I went over 110FSB (440in reality), then hard locks ocurred.

After several emails trying to explain why did this happen, he replied that the PCI lock was there for the 200MHz fsb ONLY. That dividers where there for minor fsb speeds....makes sense, since that max fsb where you can get 66/33 is with 166MHz using dividers....after that is a matter of luck and components quality.

After hearing that I emailed back asking if that meant that the board could support 200MHz and I never got a reply back....funny I got 6 before including a few after some flames about their crappy tech support.

My cycle is 18 months so right now, Im looking for a victi.....err client to sell it with the P4, yet I have been extremely happy with it since march last year.

First post and reviving a dead thread......how lame can it get? ;)

Back