• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Alphacool Announces ES Flow Sensor, Thermal Paste, and More

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, Alphacool announced the ES flow and temperature sensor, Rise thermal paste, and Alphatube HF clear tubing. The ES flow and temperature sensor is extremely compact to fit anywhere along your cooling loop. The Rise thermal paste has a heat transfer rating of 6W/mK and is non-conductive. Alphacool also now offers its Alphatube HF PVC tubing in ultra-clear as an accompaniment to its current options. These products are all readily available at alphacool.com. Alphacool's press release below lists all the specs including prices.

Click here to view the article.

So 2pin NTC 10 kOhm thermistor that plugs into modern mobo temp sensor, that looks great. Flow sensor/rpm looks like plugs into fan/pump header on mobo and has datasheet to convert rpm to lph, found data sheet here:
https://www.alphacool.com/download/...ghFlow_with_RPM-signal_(flow-measurement).pdf

I never used pump header yet on mobo, but wonder if you plugged it into newer mobo pump header if it would convert rpm into lph/gpm that would be software readable, ie with hwinfo64, many already use that program. Something that would definitely get me to buy it.

I cant stand the temp/flow sensors with leds that always lose brightness to point of unreadable, not to mention not visible unless looking into case. But definitely like the simpler concept as I cant stand the bloatware of aquero etc.

I believe that is exactly how it works. Many motherboard BIOSs allow a second cpu fan header to be toggled to a water pump option instead. This should read the rpm of the pump or of the flow meter which operates in the same manner (albeit with a little math to convert rpm to lpm/gpm).

Back