• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aluminum Fan Filters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I was looking at 2 anodized blue 80mm aluminum fan filters, anyone got any pros, cons on how this works. How do they attach? Do they affect Cooling at all

using them for the 2 80mm intakes of my antec sx1030b

I think they attach with the fan screws. This is a problem when you want to clean them as the fan comes out with the filter. With that case you could just use some pantyhose in the front grill to filter the air. Much better solution for that case, that is what I did when I had that case, worked really well.

I have two on my Delta 80mm fans running @7v and I really like the filters. They catch basicaly all the dog and cat hair and a lot of the dust when they are clean they hardly restrict airflow at all so the temps really dont increase much with them attached. They attach like any other grill or filter you simply use four screws and walla they are all hooked up and ready to go.

Pros- Keep the system relativly clean without restriction of airflow

Cons-they are sold by few and they do still let dust in plus in my house (two dogs and two cats) the filter get clogged full of hair pretty quick I usually remove and clean them every two weeks.

My filters just mounted on the same screws that the fan used (screw went through filter,case then fan).
It will slow the airflow some, but mine showed no difference in temps. I like the aluminum ones best, cause they seem to drop the airflow the least, look great, and cleanup easy. (rinsed in the sink)
They did, however, make a huge difference in the case dust...very worth the money, especially in this old house.

*edit* I started using the mini-vacuum cause of the PITA of the fan coming unmounted with it.

Where did you find filters for 80 mm fans? I'd really like to get some, but I don't know sho has them. Who's got 'em and who's cheap?

If you want to put intake filters on an Antec SX series case, you might want to consider getting 92mms instead of the 80s. The 80mm fan filters will NOT mount in the fan cages of the Antec, but I think that you probably could get 92mms to bolt onto the outside with little effort. That should work better anyway, as you can just open the front bezel and pull them off without removing the fans.

Back