• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 board recommendation for kuma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

citronym

I recently picked up an x2 7750 BE and 3 36gb raptors for a bargain. I would like to set this up for a second computer. What would you guys recommend for a good motherboard to go with this. I plan on running 3x RAID0 with the raptors, and am interested in the Ninja mini (concerned with clearance issues). 4+ SATA connectors and competent RAID implementation are my only requirements. ATX or mATX are fine, and I can go either way on onboard video. I don't plan to overclock immediately, but flexibility in that area for future use would be nice. My price range is $75-125, but my budget is flexible.

TIA

I think I would prefer raid 5 on those drives. Anyway..

All the 790*/SB750 boards are good. I have the gigabyte 790gx*UD4H and it is great. Onboard video is disabled, but may be useful as an extra stream processor down the road. Great passive cooling on it too.

I totally plan to toy around with RAID5 when I get it set up, RAID0 is not set in stone. I'm just looking for good RAID implementation overall. I've had several 2 drive stripes over the years, but never had the number of drives or worthwhile controllers to check out 5. I'm going to spend the evening checking out your suggestions, but anyone else feel free to offer input.

Back