• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for am3/am2+/am2 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deed

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a motherboard that supports the three am3/am2+/am2 motherboard sockets AND ddr2 and ddr3 support. I found this motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157204 which is amazing but I would prefer a motherboard with 125-140W cpu support since the one linked above is 95W.

I know this is a hard request but I do appreciate any assistance with finding a motherboard that fits my requirements. So hopefully someone has a place that can fit my listed requirements.

Thanks.

You found the only board that I'm aware of that supports both DDR2 and DDR3. If you can find another one it'll also be an ASRock and good luck to you.

Otherwise, almost any AM2+ board will support AM2 K8's and any K10 CPU (AM2+ or AM3) but will only run DDR2 RAM.

AM3 boards will only run AM3 CPU's and use DDR3 RAM ...

You found the only board that I'm aware of that supports both DDR2 and DDR3. If you can find another one it'll also be an ASRock and good luck to you.

Otherwise, almost any AM2+ board will support AM2 K8's and any K10 CPU (AM2+ or AM3) but will only run DDR2 RAM.

AM3 boards will only run AM3 CPU's and use DDR3 RAM ...

Darn I wanted to upgrade a mobo for someone and then slowly get the parts so I do not need to spend cash right away. Get the motherboard+ a new power supply keep the current am2 cpu and ddr2 ram and then buy an am3 CPU and 8gigs of ddr3 ram a few months later. Seems like a niche market that could be very profitable for users like me and people who rather not upgrade 100 things at once.

I guess I am out of luck? To bad I cannot custom order a motherboard or modify one like I have done with replacing items on other system components.

I appreciate the information you have provided.

I'm not sure what board you currently have but it's possible you could upgrade the CPU first, since a LOT of AM2 & AM2+ boards will support 'AM3' CPU's. Then you can upgrade the board/RAM next and at the same time ...

I'm not sure what board you currently have but it's possible you could upgrade the CPU first, since a LOT of AM2 & AM2+ boards will support 'AM3' CPU's. Then you can upgrade the board/RAM next and at the same time ...

Latest bios update is from 2007 and fixes minor bugs with no support. Ohwell, thanks for the help, I will just look out for some Christmas deals and see if I can fit my budget.

Back