• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2+ Processor upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HAllenV

Just curious if anybody has had any experience with a DFI LanParty DK 790 FXB-M2RS with an AM3 Phenom II x4 980. Specifically, the C3 revision @ 125 watt T.D.P. My bios has been updated w/R7SDA08.bin - 10/08/09 Phoenix Award. Information from DFI is confusing as usual, however the microcode released at that time covered all AM3 x4 Black Edition cpu's. The microarchitechure of a 980 is exactly the same as all x4's released prior. In addition, I have read postings from a user with a 970 on this particular board, but nothing else. Waiting for a reply before I order.

Allen(Al)

Don't count on it. If its not specifically on the CPU support list the bios may not be able to identify it and shift the board into minimal performance fail safe mode.

DFI LanParty DK 790 FXB-M2RS AM2+

The posting which referred to the 970 documented the info and attached a CPU-ID report with all pertinent information. You are right though, what about the 975 and/or 980 CPU?

Back