• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am3 Board & Ram Match

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and 4GB Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX 1600MHz DDR3 CL8

or

BioStar TA890FXE and 4GB Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX 1600MHz DDR3 CL8

cpu is 1055t...

wonder if this ram is good with am3 boards...

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and 4GB Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX 1600MHz DDR3 CL8

or

BioStar TA890FXE and 4GB Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX 1600MHz DDR3 CL8

cpu is 1055t...

wonder if this ram is good with am3 boards...

That RAM will work fine in either motherboard, Kingston is usually pretty good with compatibility.

About the motherboards, I'm the biggest BIOSTAR fan on this forum most likely (I rarely buy anything else), but the TA890FXE might not be your best choice at this time. I have that motherboard, it's rock solid and very well priced. I have no complaints with it. That said, with the 1055T being a non black edition you will have to "fsb" overclock as opposed to multiplier manipulation. Thus far mine is having trouble running over a 275mhz "fsb", I think the mobo needs a BIOS update. Granted, I am running 8gb of RAM, so that could be the issue, or I just got a weak IMC in my CPU, both are possible causes of my situation. If you were getting the 1090T I'd recommend the BIOSTAR all day and twice on Sunday, but I wanted to share my finding with you.

Long story longer...if you plan on really pushing that CPU you might want the Giga. I cannot speak on the performance of the Giga, it may be no better, i dunno. Now, if you can bump up to the 1090T, go BIOSTAR all the way. I'm sure BIOSTAR will release a new, better BIOS, but one thing about BIOSTAR is they are very slow in the release of new BIOSes.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions about the TA890FXE let 'em rip, I'm very familiar with this motherboard.

Tyvm for the info xoke, i appreciate it. I will be going for the Gigabyte UD3H then with Mushkin or Ocz 8gb ram :)

Back