• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM4 Motherboard Availability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Anyone having issues with mobo availability?

Both Fry's and Newegg have not received their shipment of Crosshair VI boards. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Each compnay has said during pre-order that boards would be available today. :-/

The same is everywhere, this premiere is a fail considering how long all knew about it ... wider availability will be in 1-2 weeks. Most stores don't even have processors which were available on pre-order for 2 weeks. In EU is exactly the same as in NA. In Poland only 3 motherboards were in stock today, 1x MSI B350 which no one purchased I as saw, Gigabyte B350 and Gigabyte X370 which was the only one which was sold.

So much fail. Yeah I wasn't happy when Fry's was like, we can't honor your pre-order because we got nothing in stock. Now that I know its everywhere :(

There was some availability in UK, but it didn't stick around long. Both my original pre-orders didn't happen. One I cancelled, the other I'll do tomorrow as I can't do online. I have to use something call a phone. Think it involves talking to someone. My hunt around in the morning did provide a lower profile seller with stock, and I've had a dispatch notice so I hope to get my bits tomorrow. When I looked at the same store again during my lunch, everything had gone.

My local MicroCenter had lots of Ryzen CPUs when I picked up my pre-order after work today, but they only had the ASUS Crosshair and the Gigabyte Gaming 5 for X370 boards. They sold out of the Gigabyte before I got there and still had about 20 or so of the ASUS. They told me they'd be getting more boards tomorrow.

My local MicroCenter had lots of Ryzen CPUs when I picked up my pre-order after work today, but they only had the ASUS Crosshair and the Gigabyte Gaming 5 for X370 boards. They sold out of the Gigabyte before I got there and still had about 20 or so of the ASUS. They told me they'd be getting more boards tomorrow.

That's pretty good stock considering the tales of woe globally.

I just got info that my cpu will be 9/10 March ... nice pre-order, week late, and still no info when motherboards will be available.

Looks like I left it a little late to cancel my X370 pre-order as I just got shipping notification for it. I don't expect that until Monday now. I still hope to make a start on testing with the B350 which is expected to arrive today.

I note the 1700 is currently in stock at Amazon UK, so only a day late. Higher models are still unavailable (excluding marketplace sellers).

A look at Scan where I'm getting the Asus X370 from, shows only the MSI B350 still available which seems like no one wants that one. I don't think that it is they're not getting stock of others, but that what little they get goes on fulfilling preorders so it doesn't actually show in stock.

At Novatech where I'm expecting my delivery today, they currently have 1700 and 1700x available, and a handful of the Asus B350 mobo.

At ebuyer, they also have 1700 and 1700x, but the layout of their website means I can't see at a glance mobo availability without clicking each one.

Not a comprehensive list of UK sellers by any means, but just my main go to sellers. In short, lower Ryzen CPU availability seems to be here now, but mobos are still in short supply.

I picked up the last Asus Crosshair Vi hero the Patterson NJ Microcenter had in store last night at about 6:30. I asked if they were getting any more in today just for curiosity sake, they said they would be but not listing them for online sales due to limited availability.

The Fairfax VA Microcenter is out of all X370s and has an MSI, Gigabyte and two Asus B350s in stock. On a side note, they raised prices of the Intel CPUs $20, back to what they were before President's Day. For example, the i7-7700K Kaby Lake is back to $320.

Yeah, saw the Intel sale is gone. At $10 difference, I probably won't be going intel. Especially considering the gaming performance isn't as bad people were making it out to be. It's way better than my old FX was right? [emoji14]

Back