• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon: Deal of the day - Archos 5 500 GB Internet Tablet with Android $239

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

41nD4oIRbqL._AA300_.jpg

Today only, get an Archos 5 500 GB Internet tablet with Android, and enjoy an uncompromised Internet, media, and TV experience in a customizable interface. With the continuous arrival of new applications, you can personalize your device to perfectly reflect your tastes and needs.

Code:
List Price:	 	 $499.99	 
Yesterday's Price:	 	 $348.42	 
Today's Discount:	 	 - $108.43	 
Gold Box Price:	 	 [COLOR="Lime"]$239.99	 (52% off)[/COLOR]

Code:
Product Features
500GB capacity for up to 148,000 songs
10 hours of audio or 4 hours of video on a single charge
4.8-inch TFT LCD touchscreen display with 800 x 480 pixel resolution and 16 million colors
Supports MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AAC+, FLAC, and OGG Vorbis audio formats
Supports MPEG-4, MPEG-4 HD (up to 720p), H.264 HD (up to 720p), WMV, and M-JPEG video formats; JPG, BMP, PNG, and GIF image files
Technical Details
Product dimensions: 5.63 x 3.1 x 0.78 inches
Shipping Weight: 10.1oz
Item model number: 501333
Storage: 500GB Hard Drive
Capacity: Up to 455 movies, 5 Million photos or 148,000 songs
Display: High resolution touch screen, 800x480 pixels, 4.8-inch TFT LCD, 16 million colors
Video Playback: MPEG-49 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution); MPEG-4 HD (up to 720p); H.264 HD (up to 720p); WMV (MP@ML, up to DVD resolution) including WMV protected files; M-JPEG (Motion JPEG Video) in QVGA resolution
Video Playback with optional plug-in: MPEG-2, WMV HD (720p), VOB
Audio Playback: Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 Kbits/s CBR & VBR, WMA, Protected WMA, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC9(except protected content), AAC+ stereo audio files, Flac and OGG Vorbis
Audio Playback with optional plug-in: AC3 stereo audio and 5.1 sound files (via SPDIF output of DVR Station)
Photo Viewer: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
Subtitles: Supports subtitles files with .srt, .ssa, .smi, .sub extensions
Video Recording: Via the optional DVR Station or DVR Snap-on. Records NTSC/PAL/SECAM in MPEG-4 AVI format with stereo sound, VGA resolution (640 x 480) @ 30 or 25 f/s; Via the optional TV Snap-on (only available for Europe): Records TV in MPEG-2 TS format.
Audio Recording: Via the optional DVR Station or DVR Snap-on: Stereo line-in, WAV (IMA ADPCM or PCM) format; Voice recording with the built-in microphone
Interfaces: USB 2.0: Media Transport Protocol (MTP); USB 2.0 Host: Mass Storage Class (MSC) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) with optional Mini Dock, Battery Dock and DVR station; Micro SD (SDHC compatible) on ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet 8 to 32 GB; Add-on connectors to connect to the DVR Station and other ARCHOS add-ons
Communication Protocols: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n); Bluetooth 2.0; FM transmitter; FM receiver (RDS)
Power source: Internal: Lithium Polymer battery; Device charges via computer USB port; External: Power adapter/charger (via optional add-on)
Battery Life: Music playback time: up to 10 hours; Video playback time: up to 4 hours
Minimum System Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or higher (with Windows Media Player 11 for MPT); Linux (with Mass Storage Device Support); USB 2.0 interface

Link with embedded referral removed by muddocktor

I LOVE this thing. Replaced my Zune, PSP, and car GPS with this. Seriously, if you ever came across and thought about it but didn't bite, do it now while it's on sale.
Almost all of the bad reviews are from very early versions of the software. It was bad then, but Archos has done well with the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the last time you will post Amazon links with the referral embedded in the link. I am removing the link from your post and will post the deal without the referral embedded. Any further posting of links to deals with embedded referrals will be dealt with extremely harshly, understand?

muddocktor
Forum Moderator

Link to the Archos 5 500 GB Internet Tablet with Android

I'm kinda tempted. Have the 250gb pre-android Archos 5 and like it. Do you have one of these, twigglish? I remember reading that when Archos first made the switch to Android it seemed sluggish. Could probably sell my current one.

Back