• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1800X Suddenly Stop Posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidst99

Hi, I hope this is the correct sub-form to post this message. I apologize if it is not.

I have an AMD 1800X with a Gigabyte Gaming K7 motherboard ane 2x16GB 3200Mhz of G.Skill Ram for almost six months. It is slightly overclocked to 3.8Ghz using Gigabyte's Easytune software. Today when I rebooted the BIOS did not come up. All the fans in the case and the NZXT AIO turnes on, but my monitor, keyboard, and mouse did not turn on. It had been idle for about two days and I had not been doing anything intensive except web browsing.

The debug LED keeps getting stuck at code 15 on the CPU which means according to the manual "Pre-memory North Bridge Initialization started." I tried resetting the CMOS and using the secondary BIOS but no luck. I also tried using different memory from another desktop and removing the video to see if it gets past the CPU check. If anyone could tell me the cause of this error code and if it can be fixed I would be greatly appreciative.

David

My first suggestion would be to remove the CMOS battery for an hour or so. Make sure it's unplugged and hold the power button to drain the residual power from the board. This can work most of the time.
I haven't heard this recently but I do recall some gigabyte boards just up and dying early after the Ryzen launch last year, hopefully that's not the case here.

Almost sounded like what happen to me when my old Crosshair III decided to Over volt my memory... maybe your auto tune software applied too much voltage and killed something, you have an old cpu you can throw in to test?

Hi, I removed the battery for a few hours and unfortunately didn't help. I don't have another AMD Zen processor and/or mother to swap out. I might try to find a cheap X370 motherboard online someplace. I just hope it's the motherboard and the CPU. Thanks again for the help.

David

Back