• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Notyadaddy

Hi I'm having trouble finding a cheap heatsink for this APU other then the stock witch I don't want to use. I was also wondering if it was possible to use a FM1 heatsink or any other version AMD APU

anything that will mount to the later am1 and am2 and further amd sockets will fit on the current fm2. They all use the same 4 hole, mounting system. Fm1 was the same way.

TBH if your not overclocking the chip, the stock heatsink is actually more than enough for this chip, even if you force it to sit at 42x multi. So long as you have the right level of air flow through the case it should maintain this quality of cooling.

The Trinity chips all run much much cooler than their Llano counterparts ever did.

I've decided to go water so that I can OC the APU I mean really an extra 50$ what the Hell why not

Back