• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A10-5800k very hot!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Full system specs?
Ambient temps?
Is the computer in a closed area?
What heatsink?

AMD A10-5800k
biostar mobo (IDK which but its M-ATX)
corsair GS series 700w
WD 350GB HDD
NZXT T20 cooler
8GB kingston RAM

Ambient is cool in a basement on a tower type desk with a reciever on one side and a file cabinet on the other side.

I would recommend going to the link and reading that it has the rest and the back story.

I already have.
Have you remounted the cooler since the rise in temps?

The case is from a brand called ultra (It was 25 dollars) and i have a extra case fan in the front and a single fan on the heatsink. i'm going to add another in the back soon.

well why would it have the temperature increase in the first place. before i bought the new PSU it had no extra fan and just the stock cooler and it was just fine.

A lot of times thermal compound will do just a bit better the first day before it gets "seated" or "cured". Point is, you need case airflow to keep components cool.

I understand this. but it only happened after i got a new PSU. it went from 28-30 idle with a stock cooler to 50-60 with a aftermarket. It doesnt make sense.

A PSU won't cause 30C difference. Something is wrong with the cooler or how it is mounted.

The fan is spinning, correct?

I would double check the mounting of the heatsink and get some case fans.

Back