• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A10-7850k overclock and other

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrnastykilla

Hi, thank you for attention. I'm already overclocked my pc, at 4.4 Ghz and the pc is stable. Purpose of overclocking cpu in my case is to soothe bottlenecked pc. I just want have normal fps of 60. If i set ultra or low video settings for example GTA 5 or Assassins Creed Syndicate, framerate changes for just a bit, 5 frames. So, i have few questions.

1. Can I use my APU as CPU only, if can which conf. r best?
2. If I configure in BIOS that integrated gpu is forced/auto/disabled will improve performance?
3. Will playing GTA 5 on SSD improve anything because i use old hdd?
4. Do you recommend to increase CPU clock frequency or NB frequency and with which voltage?
5. Better RAM 1600<x ?
6. Any other cheap solutions?

I would invest more money on ram, but not too much.

My build:
Mobo: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-D3H (bios ver. f6)
CPU (APU): AMD A10 7850k Kaveri 3.7 Ghz
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290 (4gb)
RAM: 12 GB (2 kingston and 1 kingmax = 1600Mhz)
Cooler CPU: MasterCooler Hyper EVO 212
SSD: Kingston 300v 120 GB
HDD: WD i don't which one, but i know its really ****ed up (performance and healthy)
Power supply: Corsair CX750

I don't know about Assassins creed but GTAV is quite GPU intensive. I woulld start with giving it a bit of an OC and ditch the kingmax as CJ says. It can only cause problems. I do know from my 7870k that the voltage requirements for thos CPUs escaltes pretty quickly so you may not have a lot of headroom there with your cooler.

I tried all possible combinations, but fps droped. But i did gain 5 fps re arranging sticks. Because my mobo doesnt have assigned names correctly.

Back