• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 3800+ OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiredz

Ok, so I'm new to the whole OC scene. I have a old Athlon Emachine build that a friend gave me. I have a 450 watt PSU and a Athlon 5000+ x2 on it's way in the mail. So I was going to OC this CPU just to see what I can pull out of it. There is no options in the bios unfortunately so I'm going to have to do it with Systool. It's running at 2.4 Ghz now I want to push it to 3 Ghz if possible. Any help appreciated.

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

When you g00gle systool you will get some using it somewhat in 2005/06 and 07 and then I am following a thread and this is the situation since then >> Mar 23, 2008, 08:34 PM Plus Systool has been discontinued so i guess no further support will be produced for it either. Google does not have any 2010/2011 or 2012 hits for systool so no one is using it now or at least not writing on the internet where g00gle can find out about it with its' bots.

There is some how to at techpowerup where the application seems still downloadable. I would go there and also try their archived forum sections.

We hardly help with any form of software overclocking even with current types of software, much less some software that fell into mostly disuse now four years ago or so.

I've never used Systoo so I don't know what kind of capability it has as far as manipulating variables we typically use in overclocking.

Is the CPU you have coming a Brisbane core? Does it have a locked multiplier? If so you will be using the fsb to overclock.

What kind of CPU cooler will you be using? That is a critical element in overclocking because overclocking generates extra heat and heat is the enemy of overclocking. The CPU you currently have is a 90nm fab process which is not good for overclocking. If the CPU you are getting soon is a Brisbane core it would be a 60nm fab which is better.

Is there anyway I can flash my Bios so I can start changing stuff in it? Like dd-WRT with Routers?

Is there anyway I can flash my Bios so I can start changing stuff in it? Like dd-WRT with Routers?

Not to the extent of making an OEM motherboard into something with overclocking options.

Not to the extent of making an OEM motherboard into something with overclocking options.
Depends what motherboard is in it.

I found out recently that a lot of Alienware machines had Foxconn nforce 5 motherboards in them. :screwy: Also I found a normal lower end ASUS retail motherboard in a once entry level Socket 939 machine from HP. Theoretically if you happen to have a motherboard like that you could simply force flash it with a DOS boot CD/flash drive. :)

@op
You probably won't hit 3 GHz, but 2.6 might be a better goal. Especially on stock voltage...those old 3x00 Orleans didn't OC all that well regardless.

Back