• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ / A8n32 Sli Delux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh Right, i forgot.
I have set everything back to normal, but i will Overclock it again and then send the screen shot.

Oh Right, i forgot.
I have set everything back to normal, but i will Overclock it again and then send the screen shot.

Iv just clocked it back up to how i had it and it took FOREVER to load.

It's loaded now and the next results you see are going to be from now.

Star under your name indicating you have posted more than just a few times.

Sigs are pretty easy.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

Hi,

Im back, ok so i got your screen shots, iv used the pc so that you can see max and min values.

I needed to play a round of cod4 online...:)

Ok so attached are the images you requested, iv added the CPU-Z pic again as i took it after playing cod.

also please have a look at the first BIOS screen i sent earlier today ill tell u what is different now.

Multiplier on there say's 12X ( Mine only goes to 11X)

Other things i set are the "Chipset settings"

K8 to Frequency (4X)
K8 to LinkWidth ( 16 down 16 up)
SB to NB Frequency (5X)
SB to NB LinkWidth (16 down 16 up)

The 1gig sticks are Kingston
The 512mb sticks are GEIL

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• CPUID.png
    CPUID.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Memory slots.png
    Memory slots.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Current.png
    Current.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 52
One thing that might help is, not sure if you have ever seen the underside of the A8N32 Sli Delux.

It has a thick copper track on the bottom Left if i recall correctly.

Well when i got might that Track was burnt off, its been working for 3 months now (thats how long iv had it)

Only thing i can pick up is the 12volt rail or something like that has no reading, reports 0v in BIOS ( Hardware monitor) and Asus Probe.

Hi,

Im back, ok so i got your screen shots, iv used the pc so that you can see max and min values.

I needed to play a round of cod4 online...:)

Ok so attached are the images you requested, iv added the CPU-Z pic again as i took it after playing cod.

also please have a look at the first BIOS screen i sent earlier today ill tell u what is different now.

Multiplier on there say's 12X ( Mine only goes to 11X)

Other things i set are the "Chipset settings"

K8 to Frequency (4X)
K8 to LinkWidth ( 16 down 16 up)
SB to NB Frequency (5X)
SB to NB LinkWidth (16 down 16 up)

The 1gig sticks are Kingston
The 512mb sticks are GEIL

Thanks in Advance

Okay, I can tell a few things from that.

First, you're going to need to get some better cooling for your CPU (aftermarket heatsink), because your temperatures under load are much higher than you would want.

Second you'll probably have to loosen the ram timings up to 3-3-3-8 2T for running four sticks (and I don't think Transcend makes much in the way of high-end memory so I doubt they can hold those tighter timings very well.

One thing that might help is, not sure if you have ever seen the underside of the A8N32 Sli Delux.

It has a thick copper track on the bottom Left if i recall correctly.

Well when i got might that Track was burnt off, its been working for 3 months now (thats how long iv had it)

Only thing i can pick up is the 12volt rail or something like that has no reading, reports 0v in BIOS ( Hardware monitor) and Asus Probe.

Not only have I seen it, but I'm looking at one right now (I own one of these boards).

I must say it's really odd that you can't pick up any readings on the 12V rail anywhere, and that's probably not a good thing to have the trace burned off.

I hate to say this, but you may want to look for a replacement board in case that one goes dead due to that issue (or any others you may be experiencing).

Your only problem is your running too many sticks of RAM. 939 does not like that, puts too much on the NB. Pull those 512's and try again. The clock speed you gain will make up for the the RAM you pulled.

Your only problem is your running too many sticks of RAM. 939 does not like that, puts too much on the NB. Pull those 512's and try again. The clock speed you gain will make up for the the RAM you pulled.

Hey Opty

I'll give that a go and let you know.

Regards
CB

Tweaker, can you just explain those ram settings please.
What must be what :)

Hey Tweaker, tell me, is your copper strip on your board intact.
I'll just soldier a wire on mine then it will be good as new lol.

As for the Cooler, this is my second after Market cooler,

http://www.chaoscomputers.co.za/products/1733/?name=Hyper+TX3+CPU+Cooler

I will try those settings and let you know, just working at the moment.

Well, yes, it is. Though my board is dead (due to unrelated reasons).

Tweaker, can you just explain those ram settings please.
What must be what :)
Cas Latency 3, RAS to CAS/tRCD 3, RAS Precharge/tRP 3, tRAS 8, Command Rate 2

Pull those 2 sticks and set your RAM to 4-4-4-12 2T. Socket 939 loves those timings.

Or you could try what OptyTrooper suggested above.

Pull those 2 sticks and set your RAM to 4-4-4-12 2T. Socket 939 loves those timings.

Aren't those kind of loose?

Can't say I've tried any that loose on DDR memory, does it help for achieving high clocks? Usually the loosest I've seen/done myself has been 3-4-4-8 2T.

Come to think of it some boards don't offer the option of a Cas Latency of 4.

Hi Guys, i havent tried anything else yet as iv been busy.

But why is my core 0 running much higher than core 1 ???

^^^^^^^^^ Look up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

could it be power ?
Could it be that Thermal paste has been applied wrong ?

Regards
Werner

Hi Guys, i havent tried anything else yet as iv been busy.

But why is my core 0 running much higher than core 1 ???

^^^^^^^^^ Look up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

could it be power ?
Could it be that Thermal paste has been applied wrong ?

Regards
Werner

Bad heatsink mount and/or poor distribution of thermal paste, or perhaps not enough paste.

You probably need to remount your heatsink with some aftermarket paste, I'd suggest Arctic Cooling MX-2 if you can find it. That's just one I've used that I like, other people may have other suggestions.

Back