• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd Athlon II X3 455 Rana

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andsim

Registered
hi i am question on my temperature, i have asus Sabertooth 990fx how ever i have software came with asus stuff.. i test the overclock it say i hitting 66c
however i reset my bios to normal then look on ur older post samed other is higher.. i download coretemp it is different reading it lower then my asus tool
44 or 43 then
other is 50c
what r my max temperature should be ok to overclock?

Try not to use overclocking tools/software to overclock (if that's what you have done). Download HWmonitor and use that to monitor you're core temps, it looks like you're asus software is monitoring the socket temp and its tge core temp that matters the most. The max temp you want to be aiming for once you are overclocked is ~55c, if you have the stock cooler then I would advise you upgrade as those athlon coolers are pretty poor at best.

Try not to use overclocking tools/software to overclock (if that's what you have done). Download HWmonitor and use that to monitor you're core temps, it looks like you're asus software is monitoring the socket temp and its tge core temp that matters the most. The max temp you want to be aiming for once you are overclocked is ~55c, if you have the stock cooler then I would advise you upgrade as those athlon coolers are pretty poor at best.

i dont use software overclock at all, long my main bios is able to over clock that all i care but i do have core temp to monitoring the cpu temperature, asus tool socket one

What program are you using to stress the CPU so as to find out what max core temps are under load? We all use Prime95 blend test. Knowing what temps are at idle doesn't do much good.

ok i used it on non overclock and had core temp up at that cpu over 56c

ok not safe i have to look new cooler system went up as 60c i stop it before letting do any damage

no idea, all i can tell u mini tower come with two fan on the case, one on door clear glass, annd one on top

With a mini tower the problem you will have with improving the cooler is a bigger cooler will likely be too tall to fit in the case. Not enough clearance.

Okay, just measure across the top of the case on the outside from side panel to side panel. How wide is it in inches or if you don't have a measuring stick with inches I'll convert it. I would hope it would be at least 7.5" wide.

ok tomorrow i get someone take my phone take snapeshot of it, then upload it to photobucket

Have them measure the case. A pic of the case would be nice but it won't tell us the dimensions.

Back