• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd chipsets driver on windows 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drthrax2012

i installed win pro x64.. and installed amd chipsets from amd site.. amd no installed... and DMA mode is missing from my HDD`s... :|

What's the model of board, and what do you mean "amd no installed" and "DMA mode is missing from my HDDs"? And I assume you installed the latest v13.1 of the chipset drivers?

What's the model of board, and what do you mean "amd no installed" and "DMA mode is missing from my HDDs"? And I assume you installed the latest v13.1 of the chipset drivers?

yes i installed and not have DMA mode on HDD .... motherboard model is M4A79XTD EVO

Post a pic. of the ATA Channel--> Properties screen like in step #5 of the link you posted, and also the DMA settings in the BIOS for the HDD(s). You might also want to mention what the make and models are of the HDDs.

Since those two HDDs are SATA, there won't be a "Enable DMA" checkbox on the Properties sheet of the channel(s) the drives are connected to. The DMA setting pertains to parallel ATA/IDE drives, and not SATA drives connected via a SATA interface.

Back