• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Crimson Software Might Cause locked fan RPM at 20% (overheats cards)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This was mentioned in the crimson thread from the front page...http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...mson-Edition?p=7881997&viewfull=1#post7881997

Hot fix to be out today. ;)

I haven't read too much into this, just getting emails from AMD while I was travelling... that said, it doesn't happen on my sample in W7... (vaguely recall it being a W10 issue??? I'm mobile, will read more later). But the email from our amd rep said we will see a fix today. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for making a separate thread for this Kenrou, I think it's important enough for those that wouldn't read the frontpage article (where I posted the discussion for it).

It looks like it can be affecting VRMs and such as they don't have the same protections that the GPU would can can cause cards to fail/die. Here's hoping this hotfix does the trick.

Back