• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WithOutNam3

hi guys.
i have the fx-4100 cpu black edition and i have problem with high temps
after hard gaming my temps are those...i uploaded an attachment

so 68max i think is a lot feel free and please correct me though

additional info : i entered my bios and setted my q-fan(cool and qiuet)
from standar (cause it was too bad) i did it manual and i put when my cpu runs at 50c and above the fan will run at full speed.

ps: i dont know the difference between core temps and cpu temps and all those
so all info accepted ;))

and BTW cause this is my first post i didnt know where i have to put it colling or cpus
someone move it if iam at the wrong section

Attachments

• 20121010171806982.png
    20121010171806982.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 173
this needs to be in the amd cpu section

on a side note those temps seem high, iirc those should be kept at or below 55c?

Are you running the stock cooler?

You may need to re apply you're thermal paste if you put too much on when installing (disregard this if you just used what was on the cooler when you got it). And how is you're case ventilation, ie fans in fans out and where there at?

You're vcore is not really high but you may be able to undervolt it from where its at now (if you're running stock clocks) and that will lower you're temps, you're not stupidly high on the core temps, but they definately could do with lowering, and at vcore of 1.45 I would expect lower temps than that. :thup:

Are you running the stock cooler?

You may need to re apply you're thermal paste if you put too much on when installing (disregard this if you just used what was on the cooler when you got it). And how is you're case ventilation, ie fans in fans out and where there at?

You're vcore is not really high but you may be able to undervolt it from where its at now (if you're running stock clocks) and that will lower you're temps, you're not stupidly high on the core temps, but they definately could do with lowering, and at vcore of 1.45 I would expect lower temps than that. :thup:

i orderred tha parts of my computer (i didnt order any thermal paste) but the shop that i orderred it they build it and bring it to me ready so i dont know anything about the thermal paste or how i can check.

right now i have one exgust fan on the back of my pc
iam expecting one more to come in a few days as an intake at the fron of the pc

and about the last part i dont know anything about vcore i dont know if i mentaion but iam very newb to all this ;)

and btw my vcore is moving :p 1.45 is at max, now i stop playing and it dropped at 1.01 (iam talking about the cpu vcore thing in hwmonitor)

YES stock cooler

edit: i dont know if you need to know this :p but in order to keep my temps low all this time i had turned the cpu in 91% of its power though the ati control center...3300mhz

anything about the bios thing that i mention maybe? change the q-fan settings to turbo will make the lifespan of the fan lower??(i think its alrdy at turbo though the manual cause it hits 100% of the fans power when 50c is hitted

Last edited:
. . .
iam expecting one more to come in a few days as an intake at the fron of the pc . . .

Do you have a place in your case's front panel for another fan? How large is the fan in the back? 120mm? 92mm? 80mm? Good ventilation of air through the case is essential for keeping temps down and right now it does not sound like you have adequate ventilation. You can put this to the test by removing the side panel from your case and checking temps with it off. If they are lower, your case needs more fans.

YES stock cooler

In addition to better case ventilation you need a better CPU cooler, especially if you intend to overclock.

edit: i dont know if you need to know this :p but in order to keep my temps low all this time i had turned the cpu in 91% of its power though the ati control center...3300mhz

anything about the bios thing that i mention maybe? change the q-fan settings to turbo will make the lifespan of the fan lower??(i think its alrdy at turbo though the manual cause it hits 100% of the fans power when 50c is hitted

If you want to make sure you are getting 100% output from your fans, disable Quiet Fan altogether.

i orderred tha parts of my computer (i didnt order any thermal paste) but the shop that i orderred it they build it and bring it to me ready so i dont know anything about the thermal paste or how i can check.You will have to remove the heatsink to check, but dont do this if you have no thermal paste to replace the old stuff, as once you remove the heatsink you must replace the thermal paste with fresh stuff

iam expecting one more to come in a few days as an intake at the fron of the pcThis should also help to cool your'e cpu

and about the last part i dont know anything about vcore i dont know if i mentaion but iam very newb to all this ;)We were all noobs once :)

and btw my vcore is moving :p 1.45 is at max, now i stop playing and it dropped at 1.01 (iam talking about the cpu vcore thing in hwmonitor)This is normal, its caused by coolnquiet and is a good thing, it will help kkep your'e cpu cooler

YES stock cooler

anything about the bios thing that i mention maybe? change the q-fan settings to turbo will make the lifespan of the fan lower??(i think its alrdy at turbo though the manual cause it hits 100% of the fans power when 50c is hitted Your'e fan will last for years at full speed, dont worry about it:thup:

Edit: I type too slow, Touch Trents :thup:

my back fan is 120mm and i have room for a front one 80mm wich is on its way home now lol

iam not going to overlock so i think that the cpu must be able to keep it self cool on its factory settings

not realy have to be 100output of the fan cause i dont know if this will limit their life time i dont rly care about the noise
i have cool'n'quiet enabled along with the q-fan but looks like those 2 together makes the fan stops from time to time i disabled the q-fan and now its ok but thinking about disablingg the c'n'q since i dont see any difference with this on...
and by difference i mean cool'n'quiet dont make my fan running any slower than full

seems like i got many answers by keny too while writing this :D

Thnx guys everyone who filled my head with those informations

iam going to try setting the q-fan at turbo mode even though i dont think i will see any difference from the manual mode that i have it right now...

Cool N Quiet is only active when the CPU is idling where it serves to lower the voltage and speed of the CPU. Soon as you tell the computer to do some work as in running an app, it C&Q disengages.

I put together a FX-4100 system for my Mom and the max temps never got over 40c and that's with the cores running at 100%. But then again I did use a V6GT CPU Cooler on it :comp:
Even with the stock cooler it should not get that high if your not overclocked, something is not right with it, maybe not enough thermal paste would be my guess, I hate the grey square thermal paste that comes with stock HSF. If you don't get it lined up right, it's a pain to get off and try again.

Your temps are probably appropriate for the stock cooler and not unsafe. You might fiddle with the Q fan settings to make sure the fan is going full bore once CPU socket temps (probably "TMPIN0" in HWMonitor) reach about 60c.

Probably very accurate...

Your temps are probably appropriate for the stock cooler and not unsafe. You might fiddle with the Q fan settings to make sure the fan is going full bore once CPU socket temps (probably "TMPIN0" in HWMonitor) reach about 60c.

'trents' you probably hit the nail squarely on the head.
1. Pretty cheap case with power supply and no front fan for air intake.

2. Stock heatsink with pre-applied TIM.

3. One fan already running at most likely the max speed. Most likely the cpu cooling fan.

4. Vcore not overly high or out of line for a stock system which is what he basically has and likely wants.

User says he has some kind of fan coming for the front of the case to push air into the case. Very good idea. When that fan is installed, that is just about all he can do without going into some more intense modding and likely all he wants to do is game without hitting what we feel are max temps for long periods of time.

Therefore, I think you nailed it 'trents' by saying his temps are most likely exactly what he will see with a stock cooler with the fan on the cpu cooler running pretty fast all the time and not likely to cause any real problems after front fan installation.

Back