• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 4350: the definitive build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Happy for you m8, but FX don't really like voltage above ~1.5v, is that going to be your 24/7 or is it just for bragging rights?

Happy for you m8, but FX don't really like voltage above ~1.5v, is that going to be your 24/7 or is it just for bragging rights?

Im thinking this is going to be a 24/7 setup. Temps are still reasonable so I actually increased core voltage slightly...

Capture-5000-stable.png

Would try A and crank up the cooling fans. Also, let the TIM settle for a night. Run some load on it for a while at lower clocks, try keeping it at 65c or less 60c would be ideal imo. Let the thermal paste burn in and set up you may have better results. Sometimes a quick lapping job on the waterblock and IHS plate help some too.

Nice clocks. What are your VRM TEMPS looking like? I hope you're monitoring them.

Sounds about right, my 8370 @4.9ghz does ~775 and my 4300 @5ghz does ~390 (less cache then the 4350). Agreed, kinda sad compared to Intel, but still good for pretty much everything nowadays when paired with a good GPU, especially when overclocked ;)

1080p gaming on this CPU with a good video will get 60 FPS, surely, but it will hold back (a low glass ceiling) mid-range GPUs from both camps.

Storm it looks good, but why is the HT underclocked?? I'm pretty sure 2.6ghz should be no problem at any time without needing a voltage increase. Just a heads up bud ;)

Okay will look into that. I think was just tweaking a little and didn't notice.

I have more benchmarks in store to see how the venerable FX compares to other processors.

Storm it looks good, but why is the HT underclocked?? I'm pretty sure 2.6ghz should be no problem at any time without needing a voltage increase. Just a heads up bud ;)

No performance gain or loss there. 2000-2700 is fine.
There is no gain at all overclocking HT link speed. Keep it in that range and it's stable.

Back