• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd fx 6100 bios problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kentovnik

Registered
Hi, when i occed my fx 6100 at 3,8 ghz, i did prime 95 test(max temp 58)
Voltage was 1,31.
I turned off C6,cool and quiet,turbo etc... (bios is updated)
Everything was good but when i turned OFF PC and then turned it ON i got Bluescreen .
When i just restarded pc it was okay.(Btw sorry for terrible english :X)

Also i cant get it at 4ghz...

You should probably list all of your system specs, especially considering the BIOS has more to do with the MOBO than the CPU.

ADATA OC Gaming DDR3 1600G 4GB
AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 OC VAPOR-X GHz
MB Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
CoolerMaster Thunder 600W
(not best pc i know) :D

Computer off and then push the Start Button is not the same as a Reset/Restart of the system. Fewer settings are checked and set to default by the bios when Resetting/Restarting.

So if your system will not boot from OFF condition, I expect the overclock has caused some default setting checked during Cold/from OFF boot to give a problem. First thought is a problem with ram speed setting. With the little 'real' information given, there is little else that can be guessed about.
RGone...

Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual
CPU Ratio - 20
AMD Turbo CORE Technology - Disabled
CPU Bus Frequency - 200
PCIe Bus Frequency - 100
Memory Frequency - auto
CPU/NB Frequency - auto
HT Link Speed - auto
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
PCIe Spread Spectrum - Disabled
EPU Power Saving Mode - Disabled
CPU & NB Voltage - Manual mode
CPU Manual Voltage - 1,32
CPU/NB Manual Voltage -Auto
Rest of Voltages is auto... I also disabled c6, cool and quiet and these things.
When i increase voltage on 1,35-1,36 it is stable but temps are high(35 just in windows without load) I have gelid tranquillo cooler. I watched lot of videos on youtube and guys could push it at 4ghz easily.
Am I so bad in overclocking or just bad CPU ?:eek: Btw this is default settings

Attachments

• def.jpg
    def.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
bsod is 0x00000050(0xFFFFFFA800B4000000,0x0000000000,0xffff8800A97461E,0x000000000002)

ALSYSIO64.sys

base at FFFFF8800A971000
any help pls ? :(

So you are still getting the BSOD?

Do you get the BSOD after you reset the CMOS without changing any settings?

Just so you know, that MOBO will not be a reliable OCer as it only has a 4+2 VRM section that is not heatsinked. I would not expect it to be pushed very far and would actually advise against OCing with it.

My advice would be to clear CMOS and make sure the system functions without BSOD before going any further.

that LE board with a 6 core FX is not going far.
I had a 4170 4 core on my m5A97 R2.0 and had a major battle getting it to 4.5 and I won't be trying that again.
try it with 2 cores disabled and see what it does.

i reset cmos
im at defaults now and im still gettings same bsod when i turn on pc.. then i restart it and everything is ok ..

Last edited:
rofl i unistalled core temp and it seems that everything is ok for now.. WTF?:D

Yes, lots of reports with Core Temp causing BSOD because of ALSYSIO64.sys. Hopefully the devs get it fixed soon so you can go back to using it. In the meantime, I'm glad it's fixed your problem.

thanks, and do you suggest OC now or should i let it be?
btw i know that this MB is bad but my friend get his fx 6300 on 4,5 with air cooling with this same MB

If you are sure that all other problems are solved and the computer is 100% solid at default/stock settings then go ahead and OC using small increments to see what you can get.

As others have said though, you might not get far with that board even though your friend did. Every board and every chip is different though so it doesn't hurt to try. Just watch your temperatures and don't let them get too high.

Good Luck!

It is possible to OC on that MB but it is not recommended, the board has a weak VRM section and it doesn't have any passive cooling in the form of heat-sinks. You are probably better off leaving it at stock settings, increasing the power draw by OCing could result in damaging some hardware.

you have just discovered why when we bench we strip out everything we don't need.

well, i know u are right but i tried it :D and i have 1 question, i did OCCT test and my cpu temp was pretty high... 58 c but core temp was ok i guess... around 45 what is important? cpu or core temp ?

could you post us a screenshot of the monitor your using for the temps please?

OK, so im sure that i need new MOBO :D is this MOBO Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 ok ? or m5a97 r2.0?

Back