• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Of course it's possible.

FX chips like lots of voltage and cooling.
The colder the better, allows that 1.50v+ needed to get in the 5ghz range.
Also I noticed the chip is throttling. The best bet is to run windows in performance mode and turn off power savings in Bios like cool and quiet, c-states ect.
70c is your max desired temp at load. You should be under 60c ideally once you reach closer to 5ghz and beyond. It'll just be a lot more stable.
Also running a higher LLC, (Load Line calibration) won't hurt anything either. The FX chips are really that power hungry for stability.
So from what I see, you're about at the limit for your cooler. Wait till the dead middle of winter and open your window. You'll get nice temps! XD

Of course it's possible.

FX chips like lots of voltage and cooling.
The colder the better, allows that 1.50v+ needed to get in the 5ghz range.
Also I noticed the chip is throttling. The best bet is to run windows in performance mode and turn off power savings in Bios like cool and quiet, c-states ect.
70c is your max desired temp at load. You should be under 60c ideally once you reach closer to 5ghz and beyond. It'll just be a lot more stable.
Also running a higher LLC, (Load Line calibration) won't hurt anything either. The FX chips are really that power hungry for stability.
So from what I see, you're about at the limit for your cooler. Wait till the dead middle of winter and open your window. You'll get nice temps! XD

Thanks for the response.

I actually got it to 4.9 GHz. Stable in prime. But as you said I was throttling for some reason. Not sure if its the motherboard. Had to go past 1.5v to get any stability but then call it quits.

I've also disabled any c1e states or cool & quite. Not sure what's throttling it.

Cooler now & I'm in Canada. Will try the window trick just to experiment.

What cooler are you using? I can only seem to get to about 1.475v with a dual radiator and push/pull on my crosshair V formula Z

Back