• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX8120 O.C'ing Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mak1290

Registered
I am a beginner of O.C ..I am first time O.Cing my cpu ..My system specs r in my signature..Kindly help me O.Cing my p.c to make most out of it ..
I have O.C my FX8120 via Asus AI Suite by Auto Tuning Extreme and it has easily reached to 4ghz.As monitoring via CPU-Z,It goes to 1775mhz when light loads r there and suddenly goes to 4000mhz at loaad..But my Ram is of 1600 mhz whichz running at 850mhz n not goes above it..
So is it fine like i am running or i shud do O.C manually .Kindly tell me step by step plz..

Better OC your cpu in bios, not via software.
Disable all the auto multiplier and any other auto. C6 and any CPU turbo features should also be off.
Also monitor your temperatures via HWMonitor and test CPU stability by prime95.

Kindly tell me beside doing of all auto in bios,what else i have to do..N how do i check its stability via Prime95

It goes to 1775mhz when light loads r there and suddenly goes to 4000mhz at loaad. = This and similar questions just like it must have been answered at least a 1,000 times or more in the forum. Cool N Quiet is running and Windows does not have Power Modes set to performance. So when the cpu is NOT doing any work, it can idle down and save power and NOT run so hot. Not really a bad thing in India where your room temp according to your 3 other threads about the same thing say your room is very hot. 30c in the room.

But my Ram is of 1600 mhz whichz running at 850mhz n not goes above it. = That is an old question also. If CPUz is where you are reading the ram speed shows 850Mhz that is the speed the ram is running but that is NOT the DDR ram speed which is 850x2 or DDR1700Mhz and your ram is actually doing work at 100Mhz above the rated DDR speed of the ram.

Your question in your other three threads has been how to automatically get to 4.0Ghz and it seems you have gotten there "automatically" with AI Suite. SOME might say you need to overclock in bios but your question every time has been how to 'automaticallly' get to 4.0Ghz and there you are.

N how do i check its stability via Prime95 = That too has been answered too many times to count. You use Prime 95 running in Blend Mode to stress the system. You ALSO have HardWareMonitor open on the desktop monitoring your min/max temps and voltages while Prime 95 is running in Blend Mode. If Prime 95 running in Blend Mode runs for at least 20 mins and if testing for stability, it should run at least 2 hours without failure and temp in HWMonitor should not exceed about 60c on the Cores which is shown in Hardware Monitor as CPU Core Temps.

If you get 2 hours of Prime 95 on blend mode and the temps do not exceed approximately 60c on the cores then you have 'automatically' reached 4.0Ghz and still have the cpu where it can lower it's speed when not doing anything and that is better for your 30c hot room in India. That about covers it, really.

If you want us to look or see your final results you need to capture the CPUz tabs called CPU, Memory and SPD tabs across the top of CPUz and attach those captures to the forum. It is wise to capture HWMonitor that was logging min/max temps and volts while you were running Prime 95 in blend mode for the 2 hours checking for stability. Without those 4 captures, it is not possible to say anything more about how good or bad your system maybe performing. Good fortune man.

Last edited:
:)Thanks All..
The links r helpful..Let me try the way described n see what my bulldozer can do..:)

Last edited:
Back