• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd fx8150 +h100 prime 95 temprature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stickyfingazz91

Hey guys just wondering if 64 deg C is norm for cpu temp after running prime 95 for 17 minutes with the h100 hooked up and ambiet temp of 24 deg C. I currently have it overclock to 4.5Ghz with a Cpu voltage of 1.34V and multiplier @22.5 and bus of 200. The motherboard is sabretooth 990fx. I do have the h100 in a push and pull and I also added 80mm fan next to the h100 as you can see from the pic(this helped lower the cpu temp and vcore by roughtly 10 deg C. Also do you guys have any other suggestion on what I could do to lower the cpu temp?

Attachments

• IMG_20120620_235240.jpg
    IMG_20120620_235240.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 166
wondering if 64 deg C is norm for cpu temp = If that is for sure CPU TEMP and not CPU CORE TEMP when using HWMonitor from CPUID com. IF so then Aokay.

Yep it states 64 degree C for CPU temp and 54 degree C for core temp on CPU hardware. Is that really normal cause I was expecting to get at least below 60 deg C with the h100?

Who knows of that 4c you speak about? Too hard to say with the rig in your hands and us unable to really 'feel' how the system is running.

Maybe the heatsink compound is not working well? Maybe the radiator cannot get air fully in and out easily?

I will say this, many are finding they had to leave cheap air and move to the H100 to have any chance of running 4.2-4.4Ghz with anything like decent temps. But the H100 has a 'real' limit as well. After all the H100 is not a $300 water-cooling setup.

Your temps seem okay enough for the speed you are running. That is about all one can ask for in the long run.

To give you an idea, mine was hitting 56/57°C (Prime95)@4.8GHz/1.48v with a custom 360 loop (CPU only) and a 22°C ambient.

I guess 4.5GHz is the limit with your cooler.

"cpu temp is not the cpu temp, please keep "core" temps below 62c and below 55c "core" temps is safe.

frakk, his lights must be red or green or yellow, colors i don't see, it just sucks when someone says pretty............

frakk, his lights must be red or green or yellow, colors i don't see, it just sucks when someone says pretty............

Green and Blue, but the Blue i think is only from 1 fan, can hardly see it., sorry. :) Colour Blind?

Blue and green but that's all I see. Man, CD with you and me and RGone we're collecting quite the bunch of seniors around here.

we all must be color blind, my new haf x is just a solid grey mass, wife says all lights are red so, i have to look at the res/pump with the blue led to tell it the thing is on or not................

This place is turning into a regular geriatrics ward, there be Zimmer Frames piling up at the door next. :p

Any of you guys around when punch card computers were the height of tech?

PS: HAF cases do have red LED fans, yes :) one whopping great big one at the front..... or at least mine does, the inside is also Black, its a bit gloomy in there but it looks better than the usual bare metal.

This place is turning into a regular geriatrics ward, there be Zimmer Frames piling up at the door next. :p

Any of you guys around when punch card computers were the height of tech?

Yeah, I did those punch cards when I was in college. The profs still used blackboards and chalk then and I didn't type so I'd pay some coed to do type my papers and the IBM Selectric was the high tech office machine of the day.

The the technology building on campus consisted of a main frame that took up an entire building. I remember one dude was rushing his stack of punch cards into the computer build for compiling and he was running because he had an assignment deadline to meet. Anyway, he tripped over the threshold of the entry and his stack of cards went flying. They had to be in a certain order to work, you know.

One suggestion is, looking at the pic it looks like the H100 is at the top drawing air upwards. I would turn the rear exhaust fan to be an intake, if it isn't already. Give that rad and 80mm fan lots of fresh air.

Yeah, I did those punch cards when I was in college. The profs still used blackboards and chalk then and I didn't type so I'd pay some coed to do type my papers and the IBM Selectric was the high tech office machine of the day.

The the technology building on campus consisted of a main frame that took up an entire building. I remember one dude was rushing his stack of punch cards into the computer build for compiling and he was running because he had an assignment deadline to meet. Anyway, he tripped over the threshold of the entry and his stack of cards went flying. They had to be in a certain order to work, you know.

lol.

My first experience of a computer was a cassette tape machine.

It had a built on tape player, no hard storage or operating system, it was basically a BIOS with a Keyboard.

All the programs were stored on those tapes, you had to type in the command and then it would ask you to press play on the tape, it then spent the next half hour making silly noises before asking you to "turn the tape over" good grief.... another half hour later it gets to the end of the tape and simply says (syntax error) at which point your head would explode from rage, unless you got lucky, then it would run the program for 10 minutes before crashing.

I don't envy those days, hours spent listening to bleeps and squitches for nothing.
Flopy disks were a god send.

lol.

My first experience of a computer was a cassette tape machine.

It had a built on tape player, no hard storage or operating system, it was basically a BIOS with a Keyboard.

All the programs were stored on those tapes, you had to type in the command and then it would ask you to press play on the tape, it then spent the next half hour making silly noises before asking you to "turn the tape over" good grief.... another half hour later it gets to the end of the tape and simply says (syntax error) at which point your head would explode from rage, unless you got lucky, then it would run the program for 10 minutes before crashing.

I don't envy those days, hours spent listening to bleeps and squitches for nothing.
Flopy disks were a god send.

Did you have a Commodore 64?

Back