• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD market traction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup. Gamer's Nexus just did a video on it, too. Between Ryzen, AMD's uncharacteristically good timing on releases, and Intel's run of bad luck, AMD has been getting just about every benefit they could have hoped for since releasing the Zen architecture. If they can stay competitive from now on Dr. Su will be a legend.

Actually, AMD had a lot of luck. Their premieres of products were introduced with various bugs what was well-covered by press or were delays, and they lost because of that but Intel's moves were pathetic so even though AMD made something stupid then it didn't cause them siginificant loses. Intel just started to panic and at some point had 3 generations of their processors in stores. Intel also had problems with production and bumped prices because of that. In Dec last year were huge problems with availability and most EU distributors were promoting AMD which was available, the same in desktops as in laptops.
I'm also not surprised that much cheaper 2700X is selling better than the 9900K.

I considered to buy 9800X, but they weren't available and bought AMD/AMD instead of Intel/Nvidia. This is my second AMD computer since 1992.

The Intel shortage is going to continue for the next quarter, that is good for AMD.

"Intel continues to be plagued by its 14nm chip production shortage, a byproduct of record demand and a delayed 10nm manufacturing process, and today, industry soothsayer DigiTimes reports that the shortage will worsen in the second quarter of 2019."https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-14nm-cpu-shortage-amd,38782.html

In the USA According to newegg the best selling is the i7 9700k then the i9 9900k then the R7 2700X. Newegg Best Selling processors LINK: https://www.newegg.com/Processors-Desktops/SubCategory/ID-343?Order=BESTSELLING

Last edited:
Not surprised in the least. A notably cheaper comparable performing chip. Not to mention cpu shortages for Intel...etc.

Back